New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi Guys,

I am a newbie here in this great forum. I'm learning much from all of you!

I recently acquired a 2nd hand Nissan Frontier pickup and as expected from any pickup, talagang bumpy ang ride ko. Ano ba pwede ko gawin aside from loading a weight sack (mga 100 kls or so) on my cab.

Ano ba magandang leaf springs na ipalit? Saan dapat ipagawa?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    try mo palitan ang shackles or ipa-reverse leaf mo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Invert leaf and use better shocks. Si Vinj ang expert diyan. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nilojim
    ...Ano ba pwede ko gawin aside from loading a weight sack (mga 100 kls or so) on my cab...
    Errr... aren't you supposed to load the weight sack in your pickup bed, not on the cab itself. Or you'd risk damaging roof panel with the additional weight.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Invert leaf and use better shocks. Si Vinj ang expert diyan. :D

saang shop yan pwede pagawa yung yung pag invert leaf? specifically, ano brand ng shocks ang maganda? any price range as to how these would cost all-in-all? thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto pointers ko - frontier din ride ko.

1) Lower your rear tire pressure. Use the half load specs (check the side doors or manual). If matag-tag pa rin lower it by 2 PSI, max 4 PSI.

Negative effect nito is that pangit ang tire wear mo.

Don't expect you'll get the same ride as a car by the way.

2) Change tires to a taller "side wall"....upgrading from 195 to 215 or 235 would do wonders. While you're at this option consider also the brand of tire you're going to use....Michelin LTX is known to be "softer" than Goodyear wrangler...but it is more expensive....try also other brands. Again, playing with the tire pressure with these new tires will do you good sa ride comfort.

3) I would shy away from removing or modifying the leaf-springs as a priority option unless you are sure that you're never going to use the bed to load (pick-up are always meant to be used as a pick-up!) I'd rather get a new shock absorbers that could be adjusted in its rating - ranchos' perhaps but I have not tried this. I stick to KYB - cheap and good.

4) If you want a cheap option...I'll advice you to weld a "weight" mounting underneath the rear of the bed. Then buy a 100kg lead weight or barbel weights and attach/lock it in this mounting. It would be just like putting a sack of sand on the bed.

5) Another possible option is add a camper/gator cab on the rear bed. This weighs about 50kg+ and it does improve the suspension play on the rear.

my 2 cents.

An isuzu fuego would have been a better choice for you if you wanted a "car-like" suspension play.....nissan ang isa sa pinaka matag-tag sa mga pick-up.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm not sure if Blistein shocks ought to better the ride quality, but they worked well in the (Subic-spec) Toyota Surf of my cousin's friend.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On my Frontier i reversed the rear helper spring "molye" and added KYB Gas-A-Just shocks. The ride is much better (my friend says it's better then their Crosswind) although there still is some bounce stiffness when you run over humps and the like.

The OEM shocks of the Frontier are too soft, changing to KYB gas-a-just shocks helped a lot (mura pa at less than P800.00 per piece when i bought mine before).

The gas shocks also offset the supposed decreased payload capacity... even with my rear load helper springs reversed, i still can't push the rear up and down. Although i rarely carry anything heavy (or anything at all) I tried carrying some heavy stuff before and i didnt experience much drop at the rear with the set-up.

I use 235/75 R15 a/t tires BTW and run at 35psi. I love the feel of stiff tires and the lesser tire wear (mahal na goma ngayon)
    Last edited by vinj; May 10th, 2005 at 09:42 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    gaano kahaba ang recomended na shocks niyo as for kyb shocks? Diba may sizes po ito o standard lang ang size? I'm thinking of replacing may shocks pero walang time para tumingin

how do i lessen the bumpy ride on my frontier pickup?