New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi everyone I have a roof rail on my car which is screwed down to the roof, I actually don't really use it that much so I was planning on removing it.

My question is
    How do I cover and with what do I cover the holes in the roof?
    And are there any spray bottles similar to Rust Guard/ Rust-oleum available in the Philippines?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MDonato View Post
    Hi everyone I have a roof rail on my car which is screwed down to the roof, I actually don't really use it that much so I was planning on removing it.

My question is
    How do I cover and with what do I cover the holes in the roof?
    And are there any spray bottles similar to Rust Guard/ Rust-oleum available in the Philippines?

Thanks.

mahirap yan sir. pero to cover it DIY para sa akin epoxy steel. pero kailangan may sasalo sa ilalim para maganda lapat.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my opinion, weld them closed professionally (and painted over, of course). anything less and you'll have recurrent leaks.
    but you can try applying liberal amounts of vulcaseal, if you can live with the appearance.. (close the hole using good quality tape, then apply liberal amounts of vulcaseal inside and outside.. you will probably have to tape over the vulcaseal on the inside, to prevent it from dripping.) i prefer vulcaseal to epoxy, because it is more flexible in the long run.
    unfortunately, any repair you will decide on, will necessitate bringing down the ceiling..
    my 86 centavos' worth.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 28th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pahabol:
    you can also try getting an appropriately-sized bolt or screw, with rubber grommet or washer. remove the rail, put rubber washer in place and close the hole with the bolt or screw, whichever is appropriate. if you are lucky, you might even source a dome-shaped head that will look factory-made once in place.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    what size are the holes? if they are around 10 mm, you can use aluminum tape over the holes. they usually stay for a long time unless disturbed. this eliminates having to remove the headliner (usually breaks or stained). if you don't mind the appearance, you can use a round tire patch with rubber contact cement for adhesive.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    pahabol:
    you can also try getting an appropriately-sized bolt or screw, with rubber grommet or washer. remove the rail, put rubber washer in place and close the hole with the bolt or screw, whichever is appropriate. if you are lucky, you might even source a dome-shaped head that will look factory-made once in place.
    ^^^ this is also my take on this, the dome shaped head for an OEM look,
    if ever you need to use the roof rail again, andyan padin yung holes to screw on.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    That's the thing my car is black and tape on a car makes it look way cheaper, When I go for a washover I'll just ask them to fix it.

Any recommended paint shops for wash over? Dupont, K92, or Anzhal?