New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I transferred to another house. Unfortunately, excess water of the aircon from the 2nd floor drips/fall to the driver's side windshield and sometimes would hit the paint. I can see water marks sa windshield pag na dry na. Is this bad? I searched sa internet and para lang daw rain water ang aircon excep may bacteria yung iba dahil not cleaned yung aircon or that luma na. Brand new naman yung aircon pero I'm worried sa car ko. Wala na din ibang parking space and lugar para sa aircon. May negative experience ba kayo sa tubig na galing sa aircon?

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyukoy View Post
    I transferred to another house. Unfortunately, excess water of the aircon from the 2nd floor drips/fall to the driver's side windshield and sometimes would hit the paint. I can see water marks sa windshield pag na dry na. Is this bad? I searched sa internet and para lang daw rain water ang aircon excep may bacteria yung iba dahil not cleaned yung aircon or that luma na. Brand new naman yung aircon pero I'm worried sa car ko. Wala na din ibang parking space and lugar para sa aircon. May negative experience ba kayo sa tubig na galing sa aircon?

I would think acid rain is worse, and we have that now especially in urban areas with more air pollution. Pero kung isang spot lang laging tinatamaan may effect din yun sa paint and glass kung long term. As in years of exposure.

If you have access to that A/C unit, why not attach a hose and re-direct the dripping away from your vehicle?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    While condensate is basically distilled water, the drips are from the pool collected on a highly likely dirty AC pan where you have all the contaminants...dust, sludge, mold, bacteria, minerals.
    Yes, it is harmful to paint & glass. I once parked on a slot under a dripping AC. Hours later, some white water scar, not just a mark, formed on the windshield & the bonnet....So stubborn, I had to buff it off.
    Have the AC cleaned, drain declogged(& rerouted,as sparc mentioned) or move to another spot....or, go the greener approach....don't use that AC above, sir.Is house aircon water bad for the paint and windshield?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    momentarily it won't do damage but if continuous for days or months eh problema yan. had it fixed.. like put a funnel like with hose that you can direct elsewhere.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    While condensate is basically distilled water, the drips are from the pool collected on a highly likely dirty AC pan where you have all the contaminants...dust, sludge, mold, bacteria, minerals.
    Yes, it is harmful to paint & glass. I once parked on a slot under a dripping AC. Hours later, some white water scar, not just a mark, formed on the windshield & the bonnet....So stubborn, I had to buff it off.
    Have the AC cleaned, drain declogged(& rerouted,as sparc mentioned) or move to another spot....or, go the greener approach....don't use that AC above, sir.Is house aircon water bad for the paint and windshield?

Nagpa car wash ako last weekend pero di na tanggal yung water spots sa windshield. I'll probably do it myself using some cleaner. I have to research on that too.
    I splash water every morning before I go to work but I'm not sure talaga if that lessens the problems.
    I don't use home A/C that much pero yung kasama ko sa bahay ang laging gumagamit. We don't open the windows sa harap kasi during day time because may construction sa kapit-bahay. May sand and gravel at alikabok.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    momentarily it won't do damage but if continuous for days or months eh problema yan. had it fixed.. like put a funnel like with hose that you can direct elsewhere.
    Plan ko din yan. As also mentioned by sparc179.
    Thanks sa input.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    dripping water, regardless of source, will eventually leave marks on the paint.
    divert the drip via garden hose.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    We don't open the windows sa harap kasi during day time because may construction sa kapit-bahay. May sand and gravel at alikabok.
    I'm imagining water mixing w/ accumulated cement dust on that AC pan. Definitely not good.Is house aircon water bad for the paint and windshield?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's actually hard water already. It may not do much to outright damage the paint but it can leave a hard stain if not removed immediately.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I splash water every morning before I go to work but I'm not sure talaga if that lessens the problems.
    This would also contribute to the problem if the splashed water was not wiped off ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast