New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi guy,

For the mod: Nag post ako kanina, hindi ko na makita, if repost ... please delete...

Anyway, here is my problem, my 1999 honda city a/t (type z) is having intermittent problem when starting the car... Ayaw mag crank.. bago na battery.. I had a mechanic check the starter - malakas pa daw ang solenoid.. any tips how to solve the problem?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    imperialv,
    ganun din sa akin, ayaw mag-crank. a/t din kasi car ko. palagay ko, may nabasang sensor sa a/t, pa-check mo lahat ng connections, baka nabasa or maluwag lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Hi guy,

For the mod: Nag post ako kanina, hindi ko na makita, if repost ... please delete...

Anyway, here is my problem, my 1999 honda city a/t (type z) is having intermittent problem when starting the car... Ayaw mag crank.. bago na battery.. I had a mechanic check the starter - malakas pa daw ang solenoid.. any tips how to solve the problem?
    i you hear a click (of the solenoid) but won't crank the starter motor, the solenoid is actually not receiving enough current to operate properly (it moves the plunger but does not close the motor switch) ... it can be tedious to troubleshoot this problem as there are several points where voltage drop could occur ... a quick solution is to install a relay to eliminate voltage drop ... an auto electrician will know what to do

this i did on similar car as yours

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In some cases it can be the sensor that detects when the vehicle is in PARK or NEUTRAL that is defective (inhibitor switch ba tawag dito?).

But if you can hear the solenoid, it means the switch is working is electricity is flowing to the starter...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks guys... nag crank yung starter.. ayaw lang mag click... i'll try to have a relay installed...

thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    i you hear a click (of the solenoid) but won't crank the starter motor, the solenoid is actually not receiving enough current to operate properly (it moves the plunger but does not close the motor switch) ... it can be tedious to troubleshoot this problem as there are several points where voltage drop could occur ... a quick solution is to install a relay to eliminate voltage drop ... an auto electrician will know what to do

this i did on similar car as yours

sorry to hack this thread but I've this intermittent starting problem with my A32. Sometimes I just hear the clicking sound and the engine doesn't start. After a 2nd or 3rd attempt dun pa lang mag start. What could be the problem?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    probably the same problem... the starter solenoid.

Honda City Starter problem