New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    My car is a 7g ss a/t
    i notice that pag paakyat........hirap na hirap sha. umaabot na ng 2000 rpm ko hirap pa rin. also, going to third gear, i have to release the gas pedal para mag-shift sha or else aabutin around 3k rpm bago sha mag shift.

just had the htw and plugs changed to brand new oem.
    so as with tune up, change atf and engine oil a couple of weeks ago.

please advise.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    seednie,
    i notice that pag paakyat........hirap na hirap sha. umaabot na ng 2000 rpm ko hirap pa rin.
    -tama ba ang level ng atf mo?
    -bka may problema ang transmission. have it checked

also, going to third gear, i have to release the gas pedal para mag-shift sha or else aabutin around 3k rpm bago sha mag shift.
    -ok lang kung ganun. you have more control and much fuel efficient nga. matakot ka na kapag di na nag shift. my pajero ganun ang setup. sa pedal ang shifting. kaya if i want power, step on the pedal lang downshift agad.
    -try adjusting the tiptoe cable. it is located near the accelerator cable. an orange band will tell the difference between the accelerator cable and the shift cable.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    seednie : Check your dipstick for the ATF. Putting in more than what is necessary might also be the cause.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by banaweonline
    seednie,
    i notice that pag paakyat........hirap na hirap sha. umaabot na ng 2000 rpm ko hirap pa rin.
    -tama ba ang level ng atf mo?
    -bka may problema ang transmission. have it checked

also, going to third gear, i have to release the gas pedal para mag-shift sha or else aabutin around 3k rpm bago sha mag shift.
    -ok lang kung ganun. you have more control and much fuel efficient nga. matakot ka na kapag di na nag shift. my pajero ganun ang setup. sa pedal ang shifting. kaya if i want power, step on the pedal lang downshift agad.
    -try adjusting the tiptoe cable. it is located near the accelerator cable. an orange band will tell the difference between the accelerator cable and the shift cable.

what can the tiptoe cable do with my problem? sorry for the ignorance.
    what's with the shift cable? how?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sorry seednie,
    tiptoe cable or the shift cable for the automatic are the same. sorry i wasn't able to say it before.
    if it has the wrong setting, it can cause premature or delay in shifting. medyo trial and error ang process until you get what you want.
    may 2 nuts na humahawak sa cable. adjust to advance and road test the vehicle. then adjust to delay and road test again. keep on doing this until the desired feel or shift you want.
    pm mo ako if you want me to do it for you. simple job lang ito...

also, the proper way of checking the atf level of the transmission is:
    1. start the engine until normal water temp is reached
    2. engage handbrake and footbrake
    3. put the selector to D
    4. pull out the dipstick and check the fluid level 2x
    5. ask someone to help you with this coz it might cause an accident if you don't

never check the level when it's cold and not engaged in D. it will never be accurate.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thank you sir. i will PM you as soon as i get my schedule fixed. mejo marami errands ngayong chrismas time eh. hehehehe. but for sure i will seek your help. tignan ko how you do it para next time alam ko na.

Hirap paakyat