New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Guys, do i have to worry, I recently had my car engine washed and after that, i drove it and medyo ok nung una but when im on my way home and palyado na iyung takbo niya. i check the engine and noticed my tubig na sa sparks ko?

Pinatuyo ko and medyo omok na siya. then binalik ko sa nagengine wash/mechanic sabi niya wala iyung tinuyo rin iyung distributor.

My masisira ba dahil tinakbo ko ng my tubig iyung sparks

thanks for your big help

My ride: Nissan Sentra 96 SS a/t

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's irritating, but there should be no long term damage. Happened to me once, too.

Just observe how your car runs over the next few days.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks Niky I'm so much worried about it. yup its irritating. thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir Niky, anu po pala ginawa niyo nung nangyari sa iyo iyun?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also, it might be coming from your fuel. be wary of gas stations that get flooded during downpours....

parang ang dami mong threads?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Took out the plugs, cleaned them, blew air into the sparkplug sockets to dislodge any remaining water and made sure the high tension wires.

It may cause corrosion in the long term on the wire terminals, but nothing serious or immediate.

Next time you have an engine wash, watch and make sure they cover the top of the engine with plastic and that they don't direct the high pressure sprayer underneath the plastic. Even though the rubber cover on the high tension wires is supposed to prevent water from getting in, the pressure will force the water into the sockets, anyway, especially if the rubber is a little old and loose.

That's why I don't have my engine bay washed very often, and if I do, I make sure it's at a professional place.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks sir niky, newbie lang kaya napadami thread di ko nga lam kung bakit eh.

thank you very much for your input it was good to hear thats nothing too serious with the incident.

thanks a lot

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Normally naman kasi, yung mga engine wash sa gas stations at tabi-tabi, hindi na tinatakpan yung valve cover or sparkplugs. Usually, distributor lang at alternator.

Kaya ako, I make sure na maganda yung pagka-pasok ng spark plugs, and I ask the carwash boy na tanggalin sa socket yung plugs at bugahan ng hangin for about 15 seconds each hole. Then spray ako ng WD-40, para sigurado tanggal ang excess moisture
    Last edited by Galactus; February 13th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Then spray ako ng WD-40, para sigurado tanggal ang excess moisture
    Ditto .

Help: water in sparkplugs