New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    We had recently replaced the clutch disk and pressure plate of our 2000 mits. spacegear. My problem is there is an unusual vibration that occurs when i rev up the engine. Can somebody help me with this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Ton

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does the vibration occur when the clutch is engaged/pressed down? Is there any sound that accompanies it (with or without the clutch engaged)?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    orig ba ginamit mong set? 4d56 engine?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Does the vibration occur when the clutch is engaged/pressed down? Is there any sound that accompanies it (with or without the clutch engaged)?

Vibration occurs when engine rpm hits 1500 and up.
    It still vibrates no matter if the clutch pedal is in pressed position or depressed position.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did the mechanic put a mark on the propeller mounting? vibration happens when the propeller is intalled differently from the original position. did you buy the original disc, pressure plate and release bearings?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Sir Afrasay i think there is something wrong with the propeller mounting. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tonarel View Post
    Sir Afrasay i think there is something wrong with the propeller mounting. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
    if you're sure it's the propeller mounting problem then you have to remove it and remount it at 180 degrees from the former position.or visually check if any counter weight is missing

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Does the problem with propeller mounting produces vibration even if the transmission is in neutral position while revving up the engine?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    if meron pa rin vibrations sa neutral then i guess you have to remount the pressure plate assy un na lang ang most possible cause ng vibrations

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madalas pag replacement part ang pinalit mo may drag or vibration pag neutral. I'm not saying na wala yun sa oem parts pero very, very minimal yun if it ever occurs. yun pag centro ng pressure plate critical din kaya yun ibang clutch set may kasamang centering tool. Give it a few hundred km baka mawala din yan. may guid madalas yun propeller mounting or baka hindi nakakabit yun propeller ng amayos as in yun crossjoints dapat tapat dun sa kabilang dulo,,,hehehe hirap explain...baka mai explain mo, t2erns. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help! Vibration occured after replacing cluctch disk and pressure plate