New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    bigla na lang di lumalamig yung aircon ng van (starex grx), hindi din gumagana yung mga gauges (odo/fuel/temp etc..) sa dashboard. so naisip ko malamang fuse na nagkadamay damay since sabay sabay nga nasira.. nung kinalas ko yung isang fuse sa me engine compartment nalaglag sha so kelangan ko gapangin sa ilalim ng van, then i found out na nginatngat ng aso yung isang maliit na bundle ng wires dun, pwede ko i DIY kung tutuuisin since pagduduktong duktungin lang naman yung mga kulay kaso yung ibang wires e direkta yung pagkaputol sa connector, gusto ko sana palitan yung buong wiring nun at i insulate properly like how it was, at wag i electrical tape lang kasi pag nasugod sa baha magiging cause pa ng mas malaking sira pag nabasa yun. i checked the fuses anyway at gawa naman lahat.

me warranty pa yung van namin, pero malamang di covered yun.
    ang tanong, sa casa ko pa kaya ipagawa (baka tagain kame) or maghanap na lang ako ng auto electrician?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest just have it done outside the "casa". It will come out cheaper.

Also, you might want to fence off the cars and the dogs you have. The dog that chewed up your wires will have a high probability of doing it again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dang sorry to hear that...

You have a unique problem (not the wire chewing part, it's quite common but usually rats ang culprit) simply because your car is still under warranty.

I'm pretty sure if you have a wiring loom fixed somewhere else, your electrical part of the warranty is toast (no pun intended).

Depending on where and how bad the wiring loob has been damaged, you'll be lucky if the part chewed off is simply a part of a detachable loom (meaning, both ends has quick-release harnesses), then the cost would be pretty reasonable, the repair would be pretty straightforward (change 2 ends of a wire). If the chewed off part is a long set of wireloom directly connecting to other stuff, then dang, it'll be one heck of a rewiring task.

The car is pretty new, I suppose, I wouldn't be too short-sighted by bringing your car to an independent electrician to rewire...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Great, first 2 posts are contradicting advices hehe, sorry LNCE hehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check with the casa first ... you might get lucky and they will fix for you under warranty or at minimal cost considering you are showing loyalty

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    check with the casa first ... you might get lucky and they will fix for you under warranty or at minimal cost considering you are showing loyalty
    hahaha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    I doubt if they would fix it under warranty claim. And a wiring loom at the casa? cheap? IMHO, I doubt if it would come out anything close to cheap. If a Nissan Sentra bumper driving/foglight original would cost P45K at the casa and only P5000 at the Nissan parts dealer at Banawe, I could just imagine what kind of mark ups these places have.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ano ginagamit nyo pang fence para hindi pasukana sa ilalaim ng pusa, daga at aso?

Madami kami aso. Lalo na yung shhitz tzu gustong gusto sa ilalim ng car ko. Tapos yung japanese pitch nagaabang ng daga sa ilalim.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Insurance po yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di kaya setup yan, baka pusa ang tumira niyang. eh panu mo nalaman aso ang tumira niyan? eh ganun talaga mga pets gusto sa mainit kaya sa ilalim ng engine bay nakatambay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP!! sinira ng aso ang van namen...