New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi Guys,

1 set of my car key/remote was lost/stolen. It is a Nissan SUV. The dealer said if I want to change all keysets/locks, it will cost P20k.

I know the vehicle has an immobilizer system. Was thinking of having the dealer reprogram the remote to a different frequency. Is the immobilizer system purely dependent on the key only? Or does the remote also affect the system? Or is the remote purely for opening/closing doors?

Was thinking of just having the remote frequency changed. Assuming someone did steal my key/remote and assuming that person finds my SUV he/she cannot open the car using the remote since I changed the frequency? But he/she can use the key to manually open the driver door and use the key to start the engine right? This is where I need advice. What happend to the immobilizer system? Will it activate since the remote was not used to 'disable' the system?

Hope to get some good advice as P20k to replace all locksets including keys and ignition is expensive.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    if you'll program a new rke fob (remote keyless entry) the lost one will be rendered useless (bec of the rolling code algorithm). for the immo; different manufacuters has different set-up (depending also on model years). some immo can be disabled by cycling the door lock cylinder some aren't, some system uses chips embedded on the key itself. so i guess nissan knows best.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sir palagay ka nalang ng alarm yung meron kill switch , pag naka armed sya ma open ang door using your key pero mag aalarm na sya, and hindi nya ma start ang car kahit na may key sya . viper or cobra will do ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1) change to solex keys - about P1000
    2) replace your keyless entry with a new alam - about P3000 to 5000
    3) replace your ignition keys with generic ignition or add a kill switch - less than P500

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pag ginamit yung susi mag a alarm kasi naka armed yung keyless entry mo.. pero pag nag alarm.. tapos sinuksuk yung susi don sa steering wheel at nailagay sa ON or na start.. titigil na yung alarm..

so maganda palitan mo na lahat nang susi pati keyless entry.. mura lang sa labas yun.. wag na sa casa..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    1) change to solex keys - about P1000
    2) replace your keyless entry with a new alam - about P3000 to 5000
    3) replace your ignition keys with generic ignition or add a kill switch - less than P500
    lmao.

i'm sorry but you need to get a new set of key from the stealership.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I wouldn't advise changing the NATS of your nissan to a generic or even branded one. It's one of the best OEM alarm.

Why not have the key/keyhole "adjusted" at banawe? make an adjustment/modification to the key and keyhole(2 front 1 rear). Then bring it to the dealer for reprogramming of the key and remote. That way you'll have two keys(1for the doors and 1 for the ignition) Afaik, a duplicate(non-NATS) key can open the door, won't trigger the alarm but woudn't start the engine.

Help needed: Immobilizer