New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ano po kaya ang problem kapag nagbabackfire yung muffler... parang pumuputok... please help... Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madaming pwedeng pangalingan:

first the the muffler itself, baka madumi na and puno na ng carbon, so that outgoing air is blocked, resulting in pugak-pugak.
    second is the entire exhaust tubing itself, baka andun ang carbon deposits.
    third is the engine na mismo, including the fuel system which results in improper combustion.

first thing you can do muna siguro is pabugahan mo ng high pressure water yung loob ng muffler para malinis muna.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    yup pwedeng pangalingan is timing and mixture of air and fuel kaya di nasusunog lahat. so naiipon sa muffler then it fires again parang "boga".

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    from http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Your-...kfire?&id=2855

Does your vehicle engine run ok?
    Or does it cut-out on you sometimes when your are going to visit your in-laws?
    Does it *spit* and *sputter* and *backfire*, then start running ok, again?
    Symptoms of this nature can be several things.
    • You could have a sparkplug wire shorting out.
    • You could have an electrical wire shorting out.
    • You may have some water in the fuel tank.
    Let’s take the most common of these three mentioned.
    Over the years you cannot keep they fuel tank full at all times.
    With a fuel tank half full, the upper part can cause condensation.
    This condensation will slowly build up and run down into the bottom of the tank.
    When you start to pass another vehicle you call upon the fuel pump to give me more gasoline.
    The fuel pump starts working overtime and picks up more fuel, then the water goes into the line along with the gasoline.
    The fuel filter catches this water and since water is heavier than gasoline, it drops to the bottom of the filter.
    After awhile though, you come up behind me, and I’m not driving quite as fast as you would like to go, so you floorboard it and go around me.
    What happens when you floorboard it?
    Right, you are asking for more fuel.
    With the filter partially full of condensation, water, some of it gets picked up into the fuel line and goes to the carburetor or injector.
    “Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug, Pow!”
    Purr, purr, purr.
    See what happens?
    You can solve this problem, most of the time, by changing the fuel filter two or three times a year.
    Now, if you have just filled up at the pump, and your car starts acting this way, you may have to take the fuel tank off and clean it out.
    Or, pay someone else to do it!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bagong palit po yung fuel filter last Oct 29. and bagong palit din po ng spark plug last dec. 2007. Napansin ko lng n parang may tubig yung dulo ng muffler kapag pinapainit ko ang makina. At sk ginalaw kasi yung distributor b yon yung kinakabitan ng tension wire inusog ng kaunti bk doon yon. Ano po b kailangang ipa-timing doon? I hope this info will help...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My guess...

Mali order ng pagsaksak ng high tension wire... usually the middle two wires kung 4 cylinder at di "measured" ang wires na gamit...

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carbreaker View Post
    Bagong palit po yung fuel filter last Oct 29. and bagong palit din po ng spark plug last dec. 2007. Napansin ko lng n parang may tubig yung dulo ng muffler kapag pinapainit ko ang makina. At sk ginalaw kasi yung distributor b yon yung kinakabitan ng tension wire inusog ng kaunti bk doon yon. Ano po b kailangang ipa-timing doon? I hope this info will help...
    so inajust pala yung distributor, probably nawala nga sa timing kaya may misfire and the unburnt fuel goes to the muffler then fires there. di naman delikado yun you can try putting it back to the previous position.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sir meron pong sukat yung high tension wire from small to large...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir meron pong sukat yung high tension wire from small to large...

pagmali ang lagay misfire o palyado egine mo. dapat from distributor coil #1 ay sa spark plug #1, 2 sa 2 ....

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Kapag ginalaw mo ang distributor nawala sa timing. Gamitan mo ng timing light para mabalik sa dati.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help Nagbaback fire n muffler