New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My car is a 2010 Corolla.

Last night when I was leaving my parking spot, I felt something and heard a sound while I was turning right. Akala ko may nagulungan ako but I was able to drive home without any problem.

Today I parked my car in front of our house for the whole day since some tsikoteers suggested that I park it under the sun to help with the dent on my front bumper.

Tonight as I was about to park my car inside the garage again (rear first) I felt the gear stick came loose!!! Akala ko kakalas! Good thing I was able to park the car. I engaged the hand brake already and I am able to turn the gear stick clockwise and counterclock wise. Now I am scared to drive it to anymore. Baka mahulog yung gear stick or I want be able to shift gears.

My friend said the issue is just bushing. Does anyone know a shop in Makati or Paranaque where I can bring my car? I do not want to drive any farther because I am scared something might happen.

Another option is the casa. I am not sure if the casa can pick up my car (they did this before) but how much will it cost me?

BTW my 1996 corolla NEVER had any issues like this until I sold it in 2014! This is too early a problem for a 6 yr old car!
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 10th, 2016 at 07:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just texted my SA. They don't replace just the bushing. It has to be the whole assembly daw

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Usually selector bushing pinapalitan. Try to call the parts department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you don't wanna have it checked at Toyota, try Cruven if you want to stay in Makati. Personally I bring all my cars to Speedyfix in San Juan to have it checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hindi ka ba nag aalangan magpagawa sa Evangelista?

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Hindi ka ba nag aalangan magpagawa sa Evangelista?

Medyo Pasay side na kasi yan, as much as possible ayoko sana.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Medyo Pasay side na kasi yan, as much as possible ayoko sana.
    Nearest Shell or Petron fas station na may workshop na lang. If you already have the shifter bushings with you, less than 30 minutes to 1 hour work lang yan.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Make sure na may lifter ha

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I just texted my SA. They don't replace just the bushing. It has to be the whole assembly daw
    this happened with my innova.
    we thought it was just the bushing. but replacing it didn't help much.
    we ended up replacing the entire stick. not the entire assembly, naman. just the entire stick na one piece assembly.
    we tried non-casa source. alas, they also source it from the casa... at the same inflated price. 7.5K !!!

i hope yours gets cured with just the bushing change. it's much cheaper.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Casa quoted me P2k for labor and parts if it is just the bushing.

Isn't it premature to have that issue for a 6 yr old car with a 40k reading. I can attest that the car is not laspag and it still drives like new. I rarely drive in traffic and in the past 2 yrs I only drive it going home to Laguna (highway driving)

BUT I do have a noise in the steering ever since I had all tires replaced 2 yrs ago. I think the guys at the tire center messed it up because it was after they made adjustments when the noise at the steering came up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast