New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kinakalawang kasi brake rotor disc kapag nabasa then hindi muna gamitin yung oto, madalas after car wash
    normal ba to?
    or may solution para dito?

tnx

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes normal yan. just use it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    normal yan. just use it. brake a couple of times, tanggal na yan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, normal lang yan. bare metal kasi yung rotor dahil sa gasgas sa brake pads tapos mainit pa kaya talagang kakalawangin yan kapag nabasa.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    all rotor disc are like that, old or new car. Just use your car and once the rotor starts rotating you will notice the rust will be wiped out.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Have it cryo treated,It will last 300% longer and no more rust.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m
    Have it cryo treated,It will last 300% longer and no more rust.
    sir, ano itong cryo treatment?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I don't know if it's already available in manila.But basically any metal can be cryo treated(i.e. pistons,rod,flywheel,crankshaft,cams. I'm no expert in cryo so just do a search on google or yahoo and type cryogenic treatment.

http://www.nwcryo.com/motorsports.html

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by banaweonline
    sir, ano itong cryo treatment?
    Cryogenic treatment involves freezing the rotors -300F slowly but AFAIK it only works on new disc not used ones. It makes the metal stronger but not resistant to rusting since that is more the result of the type of plating used. Normal rotors use Zinc plating and Cadium plating is used to make rotors resistant to corrosion/rusting. You can't just freeze the rotors and say it's cryo treated since you may actually make the metal more prone to cracking if it's not done correctly. I currently use Powerslot rotors on my car which is Cadium plated w/ EBC red pads and it has not shown any rust since I installed it. Most cryo treated rotors have to be special ordered so it can be sent for treatment.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    Cryogenic treatment involves freezing the rotors -300F slowly but AFAIK it only works on new disc not used ones. It makes the metal stronger but not resistant to rusting since that is more the result of the type of plating used. Normal rotors use Zinc plating and Cadium plating is used to make rotors resistant to corrosion/rusting. You can't just freeze the rotors and say it's cryo treated since you may actually make the metal more prone to cracking if it's not done correctly. I currently use Powerslot rotors on my car which is Cadium plated w/ EBC red pads and it has not shown any rust since I installed it. Most cryo treated rotors have to be special ordered so it can be sent for treatment.
    You nailed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP, kalawang sa rotor disc