New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    advice time again peeps! need help from the gurus before i bring it to the shop.
    ride's a 95 safari, local, manual. had a project in cagayan late last week, took it on a 10-12hour drive (wasn't the one driving, client provided one). on our way back to manila, car shook vigorously on 4th gear, lasted for around 10-15 secs. didn't really happen again after that (til last sunday when i was on edsa). driver said it could be the fuel injectors, 'nasasakal' daw. i also discovered that the rubber tube connected to the racing filter i had installed was 'sucked in' and kinda warped na due to the heat. car's also exhibited a noticeable increase in black smoke the past weeks. hope it's not time for an overhaul some folks suggested a compression test. any thoughts as to what could be the problem? want to know before i bring it to the shop para di ako magoyo. don't worry, i won't be bringing it to Rapide! hehe
    Last edited by wulf; June 26th, 2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling error

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone?puro busy yata wanna bring it to the shop today sana habang coding yung car. TIA

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would think that it is in the fuel system circuit. I would suggest to start with the basics first:

1. Check fuel filter
    2. Drain water trap
    3. Remove the warped hose in the air cleaner

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks gasoline boy! will do those asap

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I agree with Gasoline Boy.

Air and fuel filter and drain water seperator. Try also to purge the fuel system of air. Does it occur only at high speed?

Baka kasi hirap kumuha ng fuel because of nearly blocked fuel filter.

help! choking on a safari