New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    naputol yung isa sa mga bolts na naghohold ng valve cover ko...
    any ideas on how to fix this?.... any machine shops you could refer?... am near the FORT and C-5 area... all replies and helps are greatly appreciated.... thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I could refer you to my cousin pero sa tondo area siya. why don't you try sa mga gas station. i'm sure they could figure a way to remove this. valve cover ba or cylinderhead?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did mine diy. Bumili ako ng bolt extractor (its like drill bit with reverse turns) the mounted it to my drill na equipped with reverse rotation and setting sa slow speed.

before ko itinutok dun sa putol na bolt, sinenter punch ko muna yung bolt. then screw away (in reverse and slowly ha!) Btw, it would help if you spray the bolt liberal amounts of oil (I used WD40).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    "I could refer you to my cousin pero sa tondo area siya. why don't you try sa mga gas station. i'm sure they could figure a way to remove this. valve cover ba or cylinderhead?"

Sir afrasay, ok lang kahit sa tondo, puntahan ko na lang pag may time... valve cover po talaga(ung pinaglalagyan ng mga hitension wires and yung may oil cap)... thanks

wildthing, DIY yung pagtanggal mo ng putol na bolt? bolt din ba ng valve cover yun? ang liit lang nun e parang ang hirap idrill, at saka baka humalo yung mga rebaba ng metal sa oil... thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wildthing
    I did mine diy. Bumili ako ng bolt extractor (its like drill bit with reverse turns) the mounted it to my drill na equipped with reverse rotation and setting sa slow speed.

before ko itinutok dun sa putol na bolt, sinenter punch ko muna yung bolt. then screw away (in reverse and slowly ha!) Btw, it would help if you spray the bolt liberal amounts of oil (I used WD40).
    wildthing, saan mo nabili ang bolt extractor?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

sa mga screw shop meron nyan, no need to go recto, elsewhere in del monte st. near matutom st. (between banawe and D. Tuazon) meron shop dyan, friendly pa owner

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks, RedHorse.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RedHorse::: screw shop? i didn't know they existed in the banawe area, akala ko sa sta. cruz lang yan ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi, I got mine from ace sm pamp. 3 pcs ito the smallest fit my need, the other 2 wala lang, I forgot the brand. Most complete line oto or hardware supply would have this. cost was about P250 yata.

primeforce, ang naputol ko na bolt was para sa distributor ajustment. the situation was as complicated as yours. Binalutan ko ng tela/basahan ang lahat ng paligid. Yung area lang na concern ang exposed halos.

tapos me magnet ako, to retrieve the metal shavings na pulbos. that's why you have to do it slowly and cautiously.

nakuha din sa tiyaga....nung una ayaw magbudge...I was about to give up na and bring it to a pro...pero awa na diyos gumalaw ng kaunti...ayun....nagtuloy-tuloy na rin maalis.

meron kasing bolt extractor na maganda (kumakagat ng kusa sa existing metal). The extractor should be smaller than the bolt.

I got the whole info how magextract ng bolt sa internet (search "bolt extraction").

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try extracting the bolt with the cover on so as not to contam the inside with the shavings....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help badly needed....