New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    peeps, ano ba usually ang cause ng hardstarting? problem with my car is hindi nman sya hardstarting in the morning when the engine is cold. hardstarting sya pag nag-stall or namatayan ako ng engine. suspect ko kse weak battery eh. i have to try starting the car 2-3 times which would take about 10-15 secs cguro bago sya magstart ulit. everytime this happens, kumukurap yung LED indicators sa dash when turning the ignition.. nakakhiya sa kasunod ko kaya i wanna have this fixed right away.. hehe.. kung weak battery nga, will having it charged at a battery shop be enough, or replace na talaga? almost 2 yrs na rin kse yung batt eh. outlast MF... much thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's your battery you will have a hard time starting it in the morning. check your ignition system specifically the ignition coil. a clogged fuel filter could also manifest this symptoms.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would also think that it is the ignition coil and/or the contact point. You could check on the primary and secondary windings of the coil if it is still within specification or alternatively, a crude method, when you encounter the problem, feel the ignition coil if it is very hot. If so, put a damp rag on the body of the coil, when it cools down, try to start it. If it starts immediately, then you could conclude that you have a faulty ignition coil.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline Boy View Post
    I would also think that it is the ignition coil and/or the contact point. You could check on the primary and secondary windings of the coil if it is still within specification or alternatively, a crude method, when you encounter the problem, feel the ignition coil if it is very hot. If so, put a damp rag on the body of the coil, when it cools down, try to start it. If it starts immediately, then you could conclude that you have a faulty ignition coil.
    sir G-boy.. i grabbed a digital VOM and tested my ignition coil.. as stated in Honda's user manual, the primary winding resistance should be 0.6 - 0.8 ohms, then the secondary winding resistance should be between 13.2 - 19.8 Kohms...
    my ignition coil resistance:
    primary - 0.8 ohms
    secondary - 16.33 Kohms

pwede ko na kaya i-conclude na ok yung ignition coil ko? as far as my igniter is concerned, kapapalit lang.. or battery nga kaya?

sir afrasay, given that my recent ignition coil resistance test is accurate, does it mean its just the fuel filter that needs to be checked or replaced to solve this hardstarting issue?

thanks to the both of you...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    check mo power ng battery kpag ma fell mo na hardstart xya.. meron ata tester sa shop.. mag charge kasi bat kpag hindi mo ginagamit ang auto so pag start mo ulit for example sa umaga syempre mag start sya ng mabilis.. pero later on sa pag arangkada mo na at namatayan ka mahirap na eh start.. battery first ka muna mag check Imo lng.. or another way mag hiram ka ng battery sa ibang auto.. but be carefull sa honda kasi narinig ko lng kpag ecu na kailangan maingit sa pag palit ng old bat to new bat.. dahil mag reset pa daw ng ecu.. just heard of it..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18 View Post
    check mo power ng battery kpag ma fell mo na hardstart xya.. meron ata tester sa shop.. mag charge kasi bat kpag hindi mo ginagamit ang auto so pag start mo ulit for example sa umaga syempre mag start sya ng mabilis.. pero later on sa pag arangkada mo na at namatayan ka mahirap na eh start.. battery first ka muna mag check Imo lng.. or another way mag hiram ka ng battery sa ibang auto.. but be carefull sa honda kasi narinig ko lng kpag ecu na kailangan maingit sa pag palit ng old bat to new bat.. dahil mag reset pa daw ng ecu.. just heard of it..

AFAIK, resetting the ECU is as simple as disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery.. correct me if im wrong though.. does resetting the ECU have a major effect on a car? diba usually nga ginagawa yun if you want to check for error codes... i guess i'll try having my battery charged first before doing anything with the fuel filter.. thanks finchy18...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    OT: Saan po ba makikita ang ignition coil? Exalta STA po.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka built in na sa distributor ang ignition coil niya. sometime it's a slight bulge sa distributor. Yun na yun ignition coil.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    AFAIK, resetting the ECU is as simple as disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery.. correct me if im wrong though.. does resetting the ECU have a major effect on a car? diba usually nga ginagawa yun if you want to check for error codes... i guess i'll try having my battery charged first before doing anything with the fuel filter.. thanks finchy18...
    try asking sa honda club .. di ko alam ang site nila..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18 View Post
    try asking sa honda club .. di ko alam ang site nila..
    http://www.hondaclub.com.ph ...pero iba na ata...kasi down e.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hardstarting culprit