New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a friend who drives a Mitsu Lancer 1.6 (itlog) which is hard starting when hot or cold. It takes about four to five tries before starting. And when not starting, "click click" lang siya.

Any suggestions on why?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    try cleaning the battery terminals or have the battery checked.. baka weak na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    new battery and clean terminals. still hard starting... also newly tune-up yung car daw niya last month.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe your starter is at fault. Or yung ground terminal ng battery.

On our Land Cruiser it was the positive terminal which was at fault.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll tell him about it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    chances are starter ang problem. click click lang then on the 4th or 5th start bigla...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    exactly the problem!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with tarmac, starter ang problem ... the click click sound is the starter solenoid being energized but the high-current contacts to supply power to the starter motor don't seem to work immediately ... hence needs cleaning

but there are also other areas which can cause the same problem as pointed by other posters ... battery terminals, cable connections ... the path where high current is supposed to go through for the starter motor to work ... basically a bad contact

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malamang starter nga...my nephew experienced the same problem....ginawa na halos lahat tune-up, palit spark plugs, battery at hi tension wires, etc hanngang nagpa-rewire na sa isa pang uncle niya....

nung pinalitan ng bago yung starter ayun solve ang problem ng Civic niya...medyo madugo nga lang ang gastos pero sigurado na ito kaysa ipa-rewind mo or bumili ka ng surplus....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Id suggest you install a relay to your starter. Happened to me dati, may suking mekaniko knew exactly what to do when I told him the problem. After that, wala na ko problem sa pag start. He said na common sakit daw ng lancer yan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hard starting Mitsu Lancer