New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    He's the guy that works on a lot of Tsikoteers vehicles including me, afrasay, djerms, nightrock, and a host of other familiar names here. I guess its high time he gets his own thread around here at the workshop.

He works out of his garage in J.Lucban St. in Caloocan (near the LRT R.PAPA Station). Though not equipped with the latest and most high-tech equipment, cousin Ferdie [Francisco] is very skilled at diagnosing, trouble shooting and improvising.

My last encounter with him was yesterday. The Vitara I recently acquired for my commander's kuya keeps on losing brake fluid. Turns out the master cylinder is bad and is beyond repair (the shaft where the piston moves in has corroded). So a new OEM master cylinder is bought for Php 8,300.00 and Kuya has it installed at a nearby gas station along with a new set of brake pads. He is charged by the gas station a whooping Php 1,200.00 just for labor.

On his way home, the front brakes stick. But since, he was already near he just drove on. When he got home, I checked the vehicle, sure enough the brakes were dragging. Overheated and smelling like hell. I was going to be on duty the next day so I just told him to have the guys that installed it go over the brakes again.

So they spend the next 1/2 day bleeding, testing, re-bleeding, testing again without much sucess. So Kuya calls me up at the Emergency Room where I'm on duty to relate the situation.

I send cousin Ferdie over, he checks the vehicle, installs a spacer in the brake master and readjusts the brake pedal which the gas boys messed up. I don't even think it took him an hour and cousin Ferdie charged very little for the job esp. considering it was a house call.

Vitara is now fine and back on the road. Thank you cousin Ferdie. I knew I could trust him to do the job even if I was not around.

Ferdie Francisco
    J.Lucban St., Caloocan City
    09207514323 (please call instead of texting)

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe i can pay a visit to him one of these days....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even cured my isuzu MU from almost all of its little problems

nga pala, he also does mercedes benz ;)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    matawagan nga.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    that's what i'm talking about! not because we do pay enough dough to a trusted mechanic, and the story ends there. good and honest ones should be treated this way. commend and recommend them peeps!

i salute you sir OTEP, and to you sir FERDIE!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakupo mukhang mag sisikip na garahe ni Ferdie ngayon ah hehehehe.. Nice one Doc Otep.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    matry ko nga after ko makuha sasakyan ko from the talyer....

Good All Around Mechanic [Afrasay's Cousin Ferdie]