Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Need some info.
    I'm looking for the following gear oils for a nissan D21, 4x4 pickup:
    1) 75w90 or 80w90 GL4 for the transmission
    2) 75w90 or 80w90 GL5 for the front and rear differentials
    3) ATF dexron 3 for the transfer case and psf

Preferably a known, quality brand oil available in Liter packing. Any idea if Caltex or Castrol carry these oils?

Also, does anyone know if the D21 series, 4x4 pickup uses a LSD?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Jackaroo,

1. I recall sir that most service stations (Petron, Caltex, Shell) offer a monograde SAE 90, API GL-4 gear oil which you may consider for your transmission as replacement for the multigrade spec that you require. It is available in 1 liter, 1 gallon, pail and drum packs.

2. For the API GL-5 SAE 80w90 gear oil. Castrol markets this in 1 liter containers/drums locally. I have seen it in some autosupply and service shops in Banawe like Megamotion.

To know if it has an LSD or open differential raise both rear wheels above the ground (preferrably in a service station). With the rear parking brake off spin one of the wheel. If one wheel spins opposite the other then it's an open differential. If it spins in the same direction then it's an LSD.

Originally posted by jackaroo
    Need some info.
    I'm looking for the following gear oils for a nissan D21, 4x4 pickup:
    1) 75w90 or 80w90 GL4 for the transmission - SA MGA GAS STATIONS MERON NITO
    2) 75w90 or 80w90 GL5 for the front and rear differentials- PANG LSD ITO. HAN'S OR TRUE VALUE MERON. SHANGRILA. BRAND: PITT Penn and AC Delco
    3) ATF dexron 3 for the transfer case and psf - HANS AND TRUE VALUE DIN MERON. BRAND; AC DELCO(cheapest) and POLO

Preferably a known, quality brand oil available in Liter packing. Any idea if Caltex or Castrol carry these oils?

Also, does anyone know if the D21 series, 4x4 pickup uses a LSD?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron kami dito isang pail ng MTO Thuban GL5 SAE 90 na gear oil sir...pm or text me if you are interested....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ang petron kaya may LSD gear oil din?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for lsd's try the castrol or mobil 1 oils.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    nagpapalit na ako kanina petron GEP 90 ang ginamit nila for both my diff. and transmission.

http://www.petron.com/products.asp?se=&cid=3#product24

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    When CATS was still an accessories shop they carried Mobil 1 75-90 GL 5 rated gear oils and Castrol Hypoy 90 GL4 rated gear oils. They consistently had these things in stock.

You can try True Value and/or Ace. They also sell two or three brands of gear oils. Kaso minsan nawawalan. If you have a friend coming over from the US, ask him to get these for you - almost half the price lang pag dun ka nakakuha.

hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try castrol hypoy 90

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we can also get the mobil hypoy oil. just pm me how many you need

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gear oil sources?