New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi All!

The gas cover for my ae92 fell off B(. Medyo rusted na kc ung hinge, and it's been held into place by wire lang...so nung pagtama cguro sa lubak, ayun, instant shuriken B(.

Me mabibili pa bang replacement? Kung wala talaga...my parents vaguely remember buying a gas gap na me lock & key(of course, di na namin mahanap, hence this post B).

Saan kaya makakabili nito? Preferrably i'd like to get a new gas cover kesa ung de susing cap, para di naman masyado sira ung porma

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    btw, napansin ko lang recently, when i opened the gas cap, me narinig akong pssssuuhhhh, sorta like the sound u hear when opening a peanut butter jar. This is normal, right? That means na working ung fuel pump?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure if there are new gas covers available on the market. But a wise decision would be the surplus joints. Or your suking latero could fabricate one for your car.

It's normal for the hiss sound when you open a gas cap, especially if your car has just been driven around town. Gasolines tend to build up pressure inside the tanks. Just don't smell the fumes that came out of it. It will give you probable headaches and much more harm to your lungs. :D
    Last edited by Ungas; December 10th, 2003 at 10:20 PM.

gas cover & gas cap for ae92 corolla