New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005

Ford Lynx GSi 2001

Is this fungi under the screen/lens?

Any idea on how to remove the clear screen/lens?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    DIY ba?
    I see two screws above the display. Unscrew it. I think it will not be complicated once you see what is inside. Remove the screws which holds the display and unplug the clusters/harness at the back. Remove the lense by hitting the clips simultaneosly. It takes a patience.

Or else bring it to your suking electrical shop.

psy, mukhang di ka maswerte sa awto a..

anywayz, kaya DIY yan, alisin mo yung screws sa black manel around the instrument cluster, then alisin mo ulit ung screws ng instrument cluster..

yung cover, either clipped yan or may bolts.. ingats baka maputolan ka ng clip.. pag naalis mo, punasan mo ng maigi, pati yung cluster(ingat baka magalaw mo yung needles, magkamali pa..

under warranty pa ba(mukhang hindi na, diba 3 yrs lang yan?)..pero kung ganun, sa kasa mo patira..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    looks like an ordinary case of molds and mildew lang bos. baka pinasok ng tubig ulan auto niyo or nilinis ang interior niyo w/ a wet rag or something. in any case, tama po sina alwayz-yummy at 4jgtootsie, kayang-kaya diy iyan. ingat lang sa pag-hatak ng clear screen/lens/cover at baka madali iyong clips or bolts

pinagisishan ko pinalinis ko sa iba yung cluster-->madali lang pala, nagastusan pa ng 500!(oh well si dad naman nag-bayad, i think of it as "tuition" nalang)

now i know, and i do it nalang...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First time I've seen that happen inside the cluster lens.

On my old car it happens a lot on the instrument cluster hood and steering wheel. A few passes with diluted Lysol did the trick for me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post

Ford Lynx GSi 2001

Is this fungi under the screen/lens?

Any idea on how to remove the clear screen/lens?

Holy Shiznit! that looks like mold to me :suka:

Better take care of it ASAP or you don't want to get sick of anything or allergies that you might catch from that

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    first time i saw something like that. grabe yan ah...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It's not fungi!

We had it taken out. The white stuff is on the outside. Apparently someone sprayed some kind of cleaner onto the lens...

All is well now. I buffed it out with some turtle wax clear coat rubbing compound and elbow grease

hehehe...got-ya?

Fungi on instrument cluster???