New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Meron rattling sound I pressume coming from under the dashboard. Medyo malakas ang tunog pag-bagong start ang makina sa umaga then disappears when I turn on the A/C. Also I hear this sound again pagbumabagal ang takbo, Any idea whats causing this "tok-tok-tok" sound? Hopefully pwede ito ng DIY repair para hindi ko na dalin sa casa. And it would be better if someone can suggest a shop that can repair this.

Hopefully someone can help me out, this is getting annoying already.

Thanks in adavnce.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are you sure its from the dash? have you checked the engine bay? I have doubt na under the dash kasi nakapagkalas nako ng dash ng frontier (both standard and elite)...walang item duon na prone makalas/lumuwag and create a rattling sound.

Sa engine naman meron tok-tok-tok sound pag maluwag ang rocker arm ng valves. Maingay ito sa cold engine (kasi hindi pa lubricated ng husto ng oil). Pero pagbumagal ang takbo hindi ito ganun kanoticeable.

In case you want to open up the dash...the quickest way is to remove the glove compartment muna and then the "face" cover ng a/c and radio. The face is the trickiest to remove...specially sa elite.

Sa driver side madali lang tangalin (2 or 4 screws lang).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's on the right side, check first the panels in the a/c system behind the glove box.

If its loud and coming from more on the left side especially when the engine is cold, check your airbox (this was the case with mine before, sira na kasi yung mga bolt ng airbox).

The Frontier dash isnt that prone to rattles. I already have 63K on mine and i still dont have any rattles.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    wildthing & vinj, thanks for the inputs.

I don't think I have the courage to open up the dashboard, baka hindi ko na mabalik.

The sound is coming from the left side. I'll check the the screws on the airbox. Also san nga pala yung rocker arm ng valves?

Any more suggestions na pwedeng pinangagalingan nun rattling sound?

FRONTIER - dashboard rattling sound...HELP