New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    ok lang yan... most casa would recommend brake fluid replacement every 40K km pa nga.

anyway kayla speedyfix ok ung brake fluid bleeding nila since hanggang yung fluid sa brake lines (tinggal pa nga ung mga gulong) ay nasimot.

btw - sa casa ka pa rin ba nagpapaservice for your Chevy?
    Last 2 oil changes kay speedyfix.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Change brake fluid every 2 years or specified odo reading, whichever comes first.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you should be able to wait naman without problems. most important to keep fresh of all of the fluids remaining is the atf so prioritize replacing that above everything else.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the inputs.

Couple more questions:

1. The manual says replace the ATF and ATF filter at 83,000 kms. So if I have the ATF replaced before 83,000 kms, do I have to replace the filter as well or just the ATF? In other words, is it ok to change ATF and wait until 83,000 kms before changing the filter. Or is this a bad idea since the dirt and other contaminants will be mixed in since its in the filter.

2. Per manual, automatic transaxle pan removal and replacement 7 liters, complete overhaul 9.5 liters. Does this mean I need to buy 7 liters of ATF when I have it replaced?

Speedyfix, can you pm me an estimate on how much it will cost to replace ATF w/ and w/o filter, brake fluid, power steering fluid, fuel filter etc.. I'm thinking of doing some of it before the next oil change and maybe the rest with the oil change. Stagered service so as not to be hit by a big amount.
    Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    prices are hard to quote... do you want fully synthetic atf or regular? higher quality dot4 fluid or regular dot 3? or will you be providing everything and it's just the labor cost?

pm me nalang the details of what you want me to quote for you or text me nalang

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Question: is API SL a higher standard than API SH? The manual says kasi pwede API SH above.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    API SL is higher than SH. SH is an old rating that is already obsolete. New oils are normally rated SJ, SL and the newest is SM. All these surpass the requirement for SH. You can safely use it on your car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
fluid replacement