New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My car is a 2004 Corolla Altis and I just noticed this problem this year. Everytime my car is park outside in a pouring rain, the front passenger side flooring is flooded the day after extending to the rear passenger side. The whole front and rear driver's side is unaffected. There is no collision history of the car and got it brandnew from the casa. The weather strippings of the front and rear doors as well as for the F & R hoods are all intact without any tear. 3 years ago I had the windshield replaced at the casa with OEM (the windshield was badly scratched by a previous storm). Could the technical aspect of replacing the windshield the culprit or is this just a clogged aircon drain that needs cleaning?
    Any inputs are highly appreciated.
    TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    My car is a 2004 Corolla Altis and I just noticed this problem this year. Everytime my car is park outside in a pouring rain, the front passenger side flooring is flooded the day after extending to the rear passenger side. The whole front and rear driver's side is unaffected. There is no collision history of the car and got it brandnew from the casa. The weather strippings of the front and rear doors as well as for the F & R hoods are all intact without any tear. 3 years ago I had the windshield replaced at the casa with OEM (the windshield was badly scratched by a previous storm). Could the technical aspect of replacing the windshield the culprit or is this just a clogged aircon drain that needs cleaning?
    TIA
    Yup aircon evaporator water outlet is clogged kaya umaapaw sa loob. Might be time for the AC system to be cleaned na rin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIA
    Yup aircon evaporator water outlet is clogged kaya umaapaw sa loob. Might be time for the AC system to be cleaned na rin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    TIA
    I had experienced this with my 1997 Toyota FX.

What I did is I get inside the vehicle while it is raining and find out where the water is seeping, and mine is coming from below the firewall just off the incline leading to the passenger flooring.

Just applied elastomeric sealant and fixed the problem!

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My money goes to the windshield seal since it was the only thing that was touched.

And to the guy who suggested it's from the A/C, the TS specifically said that water only collects whenever the car is parked for a certain amount of time in the rain.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    too bad if its the windshield seal. It has to be dismantled and re-mounted again. haaay.... have to check na rin yung aircon drain. oh, btw, is the drain common for the cowl gutter and the aircon? thanks

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    windshield seal yan paps!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sa windshield yan.pa reseal mo nlng sa aguila.nasa P1,500(home service)max lng nman eh.kesa kalawangin flooring mo.
    Last edited by pdspd; October 23rd, 2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: additional info

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    unfortunately, the reseal invloves dismantling of the whole windshield and re-applying the 3M automotive window silicone. The weather stripping has to be changed as well. haaaay. The problems of an aging car nga naman once you disturb the factory seals....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    before going thru with the windshield seal replacement, I suggest that you check the "front gutter" that runs just below the wipers. There are supposed to be drain holes on both sides running under the front fenders. If it clogs, the gutter overflows, and water comes seeping inside the firewall. Clear the debris that have collected by flushing with running water and flexible piece of rod. Normally, Mixture of leaves and soil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Flooded passenger flooring with strong rains