New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I stopped using it. I didn't find it useful, or hindi lang ako marunong gumamit.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    hindi ba convex mirror ang tawag dun? or ako ang mali.
    my fault. it's supposed to be convex. concave pala pag paloob, convex pag palabas. thanks for the correction, sequoia

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sakin nakalagay sa lower left (driver side) tapos yung curve nya pababa para kita yung nasa kalsada (like parking slot lines) which you would not see normally with your side mirror only.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by m_ron View Post
    It's called Convex mirrors,the purpose of this is to eliminate blindspots.This is a standarn on Euro cars.
    I would beg to disagree.

It is not standard in Europe (or any other country) to include a stick-on convex mirror to your side mirrors.

However, for most vehicles, it is standard to have the side mirror in the nearside (passenger side) to be convex already to include more images in the mirror. In comparison, the driver's side mirror is flat and not curved. That's why in US & Europe, the words "Objects in the Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear" are indicated in the passenger side mirror.

===

Actually, if you aim your side mirror properly you wouldn't need an additional convex mirror to help you park or eliminate blind spots. I've noticed that most drivers would tend to aim their mirrors upwards and towards their vehicles eating up to 1/4th of the whole mirror.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; February 8th, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I would beg to disagree.

It is not standard in Europe (or any other country) to include a stick-on convex mirror to your side mirrors.

However, for most vehicles, it is standard to have the side mirror in the nearside (passenger side) to be convex already to include more images in the mirror. In comparison, the driver's side mirror is flat and not curved. That's why in US & Europe, the words "Objects in the Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear" are indicated in the passenger side mirror.

===

Did i mention a stick on convex mirror?FYI,here in the US convex mirrors are not standard,I havent seen one.thats why they put the wordings"objects in the mirror are close.."because the side view passenger mirror is not convex.And in Europoe they don't put the words "objects..." in passenger side mirror

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
fisheye concave side mirrors