New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Has anyone seen a gadget like this available locally? Its a sensor probe that you insert through the fins of your radiator. This is connected to a variable temperature control where you can adjust what particular temperature you want the sensor to activate. This is then wired to your electric radiator fan.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir that is the same thermostat used in car A/C or refrigerator. Yung copper na line is the sensor.

The problem is if there is any thermostat that could activate on the hotter temperature kasi most A/C thermostat works on the low temperature settings (less than 22 deg C) and not on the 50 deg C or higher.

Baka sa Aranque or Gandara or Caloocan area meron industrial thermostat that would fit the temp settings that you want.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing: Check out this link... http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/vsc.html

The temperature range for activation of this sensor is from 170F to 215F. If you convert that to celsius, it is way within the temperature range of our engine. My thermostat kasi opens at 85C

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did checked out the site....its definitely a thermostat sensor/switch na designed for higher temp.

Unfortunately, wala na akong access dun sa kaibigan ko na electrical engineer ng feedmill plant who is familiar with those industrial thermostat sensors.

Maybe you can try asking A/C shops if they have those or know where to get those.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wildthing: Thanks. Was able to get in touch with Karding. I'll be ordering the products online then pa ship to sa address niya tapos padala niya dito via Johnny Air.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balitaan mo kami sa progress ng project mo.

OT:
    okay ba pa ship sa johnny air? Mas hindi ba maarte kesa FEDEX or UPS?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wild: Ok daw sabi ni Karding. No taxes to pay pagdating dito sa Philippines. Sure, I'll update you sa progress.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Am planning to do that mod on my truck, diy version w/o the fan controller in the "flex-a-lite" (too costly for me to import that kit), will just use the regular thermostat that closes at 85C to drive the relays for the fans. I've been calling A/C shops looking for 16" fans, no luck yet. Any suggestions where I can get 16" fans.
    Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try mo mga surplus shops. Baka may 16-inch fan available. I finally ordered my 14-inch flex-a-lite fan with adjustable controller. Will be arriving in Manila c/o Johnny Air next week. I'll take pictures of the installation.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks wiretap_md.
    I'm looking for fans similar to the flex-a-lite kit. I've used the "Sanden" brand aux fan before, medyo similar sa flex-a-lite. A/C stores carry only the 14", I even tried ordering from Rotary aircon supplies sa Pasay, wala rin they won't even commit. I've also considered surplus fans, I think they're just too thick and heavy when compared to the ones I prefer to use. If you don't mind how much did it cost you to ship it in. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fan controller -- available kaya ito dito?