New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    A few days ago, my Corolla just died on me. I was so worried about what was wrong, but when I had it checked by a mechanic, it turns out it was just a busted fuse. Whew! I was dreading the worst. Whenever you start the engine, it would, but would die a few seconds after you stop pumping gas.

According to him, something about the expansion valve was toast which caused the short, so he disconnected it. He opened some kind of fuse box beside the steering wheel and replaced it with a spare fuse which he got from a small black box beside the engine. It's now back to normal.

My question is about replacing the valve-- he said it's ok to not even replace it, meaning to not use it anymore. I'm not a car expert, just need your advice if this is true, or i should still go and have it replaced? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    all i know is that expansion valve is an aircon part. so what does it do with engine stalling. nevertheless, you have to replace the fuse to be sure...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    all i know is that expansion valve is an aircon part. so what does it do with engine stalling. nevertheless, you have to replace the fuse to be sure...
    same here. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sa ac system nga lang ang Expansion valve...baka iba lang pakahulugan ni TS.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Baka yung nasa heater core na hose na usually nilalagyan na lang ng stopcock (parang lawit - irrelevant part kung dito sa atin sa pinas kasi di naman tayo nagheheater)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Baka yung nasa heater core na hose na usually nilalagyan na lang ng stopcock (parang lawit - irrelevant part kung dito sa atin sa pinas kasi di naman tayo nagheheater)
    Hintayin natin si TS para mabigyan linaw niya at kung me picture, mas mabuti, at least mangyari man sa atin, me idea na tayo...

expansion valve