New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I've been getting this noise from down under at the exhaust pipe. I remember the last time I heard it was like a year ago. Then just last night, non-stop noise...There's this flexi-tube that was offered before...its to minimize the stress on the exhaust pipe and to minimize vibration transfer from the resonator (not sure dito) to the tailpipe...is it any good?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Baka may butas pre. Check mo muna. But if the exhaust is really noisy from the begining, better change to a bigger resonator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27 View Post
    I've been getting this noise from down under at the exhaust pipe. I remember the last time I heard it was like a year ago. Then just last night, non-stop noise...There's this flexi-tube that was offered before...its to minimize the stress on the exhaust pipe and to minimize vibration transfer from the resonator (not sure dito) to the tailpipe...is it any good?
    The flexitube helps, especially on diesels with a lot of vibration. Check first where it's coming from; it can be anywhere from a broken clamp/mount to a busted resonator.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It could be anywhere. Eliminate noise from the gaskets first... but this is easiest to do with the car running on a lift at a good muffler shop. Cheap job, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The premuff/resonator is busted. Hence the hitting metal sound on the t-bars...The rear bracket of the exhaust pipe is also busted. When I get the flexitube, will it not comprise my water fording capability? Where's a good shop to get these jobs done?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fremuff is okay, heard CPM is good. If it's a simple job, kaya rin yan ng Nodalo's, but I'm not sure which Nodalo's branches are good, as some are staffed by apprentices who couldn't weld to save their life (I've had exhausts fall off because of this! ).

I always go to a local shop here in Laguna for mine.

As for water fording, no problem. Unless your idle is precariously low, water in the exhaust won't cause it to die in a flood.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yung fremuff ba sa may E.Rod? CPM san ba? Thanks niky for the advice. anyone else have their inputs on this?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    CPM, meron ata malapit sa St. Luke's, on Araneta Avenue. Can't help you with any more speifics, di ako taga-metro, eh...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ayt!! Will try to find it later.

exhaust pipe noise