New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Mga sir, ang engot ko

Did I damage the car/rims/tires? Not sure how long I've been driving it malambot. The steering became stiff today on my way to BGC. Left the car parked for about 10 hrs, going home I noticed that the front left tire looked malambot. I decided to drive it home because imo it didn't look that bad. I'll have it inflated at the gas station near my house. Drove EDSA for 60-80 kph and didn't feel anything different in the steering since I was just driving straight. I did not hear any kalampag too. When I got to Shell, the air in the front left tire was only 13 na dapat 30. The rest of the tires were at 29 so it looks like napako or something yung front left tire.

Does casa repair tires or is there any place in BGC that can repair tires?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Ok pa yan if may 13psi pa na natira.

Just inspect visually after vulcanizing and pakiramdaman.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Ok pa yan if may 13psi pa na natira.

Just inspect visually after vulcanizing and pakiramdaman.
    Salamat sir. Sana nga hindi nasira, wala sa budget ko bagong gulong, mas lalo na rims

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The only way to know for sure is to remove the tire and check how much material got stripped from running flat. if it's just a speck, no worries. if its quite a bit, like more than 100 gms or rubber material...its probably compromised already and won't be safe to use anymore.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tire size & specs? If not a low aspect ratio tire, chances of retaining whatever service life it had left should be above median. Have it thoroughly inspected upon fixing the puncture....then, move it rear, or better yet...spare. Diminished safety isn't worth the risk nor savings.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    S&R BGC nag vu vulcanize sila.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
    Mga sir, ang engot ko

Did I damage the car/rims/tires? Not sure how long I've been driving it malambot. The steering became stiff today on my way to BGC. Left the car parked for about 10 hrs, going home I noticed that the front left tire looked malambot. I decided to drive it home because imo it didn't look that bad. I'll have it inflated at the gas station near my house. Drove EDSA for 60-80 kph and didn't feel anything different in the steering since I was just driving straight. I did not hear any kalampag too. When I got to Shell, the air in the front left tire was only 13 na dapat 30. The rest of the tires were at 29 so it looks like napako or something yung front left tire.

Does casa repair tires or is there any place in BGC that can repair tires?
    yes, casa can repair punctured tires, just like every other tire shop.
    but it'll take as long as an un-scheduled pms, and much more expensive.
    hanap kayo ng ordinary tire shop along the way.

ps.
    i always have a tire inflator in the car. i can inflate not-too-much-punctured tires comfortably, so's i can drive her to the tire shop for a more permanent repair.

and yes,
    13 psi ain't so bad.
    it's still drive-able. jut don't go running over big road imperfections, humps, and craters.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Tire size & specs? If not a low aspect ratio tire, chances of retaining whatever service life it had left should be above median. Have it thoroughly inspected upon fixing the puncture....then, move it rear, or better yet...spare. Diminished safety isn't worth the risk nor savings.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    205/55/R16. Sabi ng gasoline boy ang kapal pa ng tires, visually makapal pa nga. 6 yr old tires.

Kailangan po when I move rear, both front tires? I plan to buy new tires pero early next year sana, palit 4 na.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
    205/55/R16. Sabi ng gasoline boy ang kapal pa ng tires, visually makapal pa nga. 6 yr old tires.

Kailangan po when I move rear, both front tires? I plan to buy new tires pero early next year sana, palit 4 na.
    Again, it's the inside that gets gutted and scratched up by the rim when a wheel is run flat. You have to remove the tire and see how much tire material got removed inside...where it got removed (most likely near the sidewall and tire thread area) and if there's a lot of material removed, it's a no-go sign. If you value your life.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo View Post
    Again, it's the inside that gets gutted and scratched up by the rim when a wheel is run flat. You have to remove the tire and see how much tire material got removed inside...where it got removed (most likely near the sidewall and tire thread area) and if there's a lot of material removed, it's a no-go sign. If you value your life.
    Tire shop workers will be able to tell? Do you recommend I replace all 4 tires since it's 6 yrs old na?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast