New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    well, technically it is an EVO III

my friend bought the whole underside of an evo 3 from japan. he got a donor car na lancer same body style as the evo 3. after about 2 or 3 months of installing and wiring, he is good to go. he added a K&N filter with heatsheild and a full 3" custom exhaust.

it is full time 4wd and eerything else that came with the evo 3.

that thing is fast!!!!!! i was shifting at 7000 rpm and it never missed a beat. grabe. now i know why people have those large tachometers with shift light on top of their dashboards. this one didn't have it yet and it was difficult to monitor the RPMs and at the same time keep your eye on the street (everything was moving very fast)

i tried a semi-launch.... grabe ang kapit ng 4wd, parang frog sya, talon kaagad.

wala lang, share ko lang sa inyo

andy

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shifting at 7K rpm? wow you must have a very long road in there w/o much traffic.....kasi at 7K rpm bago ka umabot nang 5th gear eh nasa aroung 200++km/h ka na siguro....hehehe

iba talaga ang AWD na kotse...para kang tinutulak, yung na-drive ko dito eh galant kaya lang isang straight lang, wala kasi akong lisensya dito eh......considering na matic yon pero para akong na-pinned sa upuan nung i-launch ko, wala kang mararamdamang slippage sa gulong.......kaka-adik....hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    hanggang third gear lang nga ako, naubusan kaagad ng daan. yup, his fastest time in a quarter mile is 13.4 (stock engine pa, stock injectors, stock computer box, heavy body). sabi nya, hangang 4th gear lang sya, hitting about 195 to 200 kmh at the end of the race.

his next step wil be body lightening (fiberglass and plexiglass where ppossible), maybe a piggyback computer.

this weekend, we will take it to my beach which is 40 kms away from the city with very nice asphalt roads with lots of straight and nice banking curves (gawa ng USAID ang road, sobrang ganda). tingnan namin kung how it handles.

sarap talaga !!!!!

andy

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I can imagine the first thing na will wear out sa kotse nya eh yung clutch especially pag hard lunch lagi unless napalitan na ng aftermarket piece... but regardless, makes you want to own 1 :D stay safe out there, that thing is fast!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can imagine the grin on your face with all that torque. ;)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, he is using the clutch from the evo 3 but is already planning to get a stronger one. ang hard launch naman is only when he drags it. but since he practices a lot, mukhang kailangan talaga ng racing clutch.

kulang din ng safety features like roll cage and better seats and seatbelts. those are in the future plans pa

andy

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ganda niyan especially kapag full race set up na yan.It can reach at about 10 seconds in a quarter mile...Its best na palitan na ng clutch masters yan lalong lalakas hatak niyan..Send ka naman ng pics kung ok lang..heheh..I want to see it..:D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kakainggit naman. isa sa mga pangarap ko ang evo.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    cge, hiramin ko digital camera ng brother ko.

actually, gusto nya talaga gawing daily driver, pero super lightened. kung baga, all doors will be replaced with fiberglass doors. all glass will be replaced with plexi, except the front windsheild. pero full interior with aircon.

kung may drag race, tatangalin nya lang ang passenger seat and rear seat and disconnect the belt of the aircon.

andy

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by luckytruck
    hanggang third gear lang nga ako, naubusan kaagad ng daan. yup, his fastest time in a quarter mile is 13.4 (stock engine pa, stock injectors, stock computer box, heavy body). sabi nya, hangang 4th gear lang sya, hitting about 195 to 200 kmh at the end of the race.

his next step wil be body lightening (fiberglass and plexiglass where ppossible), maybe a piggyback computer.

this weekend, we will take it to my beach which is 40 kms away from the city with very nice asphalt roads with lots of straight and nice banking curves (gawa ng USAID ang road, sobrang ganda). tingnan namin kung how it handles.

sarap talaga !!!!!

andy
    sarap nyan!! dati un lancer ko gusto ko sana i ganyan kaso nanghihinayang akosa resale value pero grabe dapat tinuloy ko! hahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
drove an EVO 3 last night :) WOW