New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Pardon my ignorance, I'm a newbie to cars. I would just like to ask if it is normal that water drips under the front passenger seat after a trip. I am suspecting it is due to the cooling system however, since I am newbie I would like to ask your opinion. Do I need to see a mechanic to have my aircon checked?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ung tube lang yan ng aircon from the evaporator ata. Dapat nakatutok sa labas, hindi sa loob. Madali lang naman ayusin. Yan ung tube na nakadikit sa wall (when your facing the hood) sa area ng evaporator.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    * typhoon, thanks for the reply. may effect ba yun sa performance ng car? baka dalhin ko na lang kay mang mario.pacleaning ko na rin medyo mainit na ang hangin e. last na check up nito ay nung 50k kms pa, now its 92 kms na.ganu ba kadalas dapat pacheck ang aircon?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Wala naman effect sa performance. Baka bumaho lang interior mo hehe. At least once a year palinis ng aircon para no worries

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My corolla has dripping but im sure its not coming from the aircon. As i wash my car or when it rains, front passenger floor gets wet but not that heavy. i saw where it comes from but could not really determine whether it comes from the windshield or other else. Can somebody help me out with this. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

By the way my car is a corolla GLi 97.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *carlos, it could also be coming from the weatherstrip of the car doors, or even from the gap in between the window, then thru the door panels.

*the lark, typhoon is probably right, just reach under the dash from the front passenger side and make sure that the hose is directed outside the car.

may effect ba yun sa performance ng car?
    cant see how. diba sa aircon pambahay may tumutulo ring tubig. yun din yon

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos
    My corolla has dripping but im sure its not coming from the aircon. As i wash my car or when it rains, front passenger floor gets wet but not that heavy. i saw where it comes from but could not really determine whether it comes from the windshield or other else. Can somebody help me out with this. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

By the way my car is a corolla GLi 97.
    carlos, kindly check the windshield gasket. the leak most probably comes from the corners where the gasket is stressed & stretched considerably. the seal may already have been breached. Of course I way be wrong but you can also try tracing the source of the leak under the dash.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i saw it dripping from the inside under the dashboard but could not be specific where. i ran water on the windshield lang, then look inder the dashboard, ayun kita ko. but dont know if its the weather strip

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Refer me na lang to a "GOOD AND REPUTABLE" shop who can do the job. I live in San Juan, and probably somewhere near my place sana.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    easy lang yan. I think its time for you to clean you evaportor and change you freon. kpag matagal na nagiging algae na yun paligid ng evaporator at sa labasan ng tubig sa aircon at kpag clog na exit ng water sa aircon do-on sa carpet tutulo. remind me of my problem kaya ganun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Dripping water under the dashboard