New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mga bro tanong ko lang kung anu b yung down pipe and can we do it by our selves, all i know is tinatanggal ang secondary muffler but i dnt if im correct hope u can help. one more thing kung ipapagawa 2 how much will it cost me

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    afaik, downpipe means cutting the pipe after the resonator to the tailpipe. so ang matitira na lang eh yung header to the resonator (small muffler).

in effect maingay sya. tunog kargado. parang syento bente. syento yung tunog bente yung takbo. plus malikabok kasi yung dulo is aim downwards sa kalye.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ganun b bro thank you.. ang honda db my cut n nka bolt before the secondary kung dun ko nlang kya tanggalim ok k yun? same effect din kya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    im not sure kung me magandang effect ang pag downpipe. ang alam ko lang eh maingay sya. lets wait for the others.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Here's what a downpipe looks like but this one's for an EVO though

A Catted Downpipe for a Subaru

a Downpipe is usually connected from the exhaust manifold a.k.a Headers to the exhaust pipe (this includes the resonator). a downpipe is usually catted which means it has a catalytic converter installed or its a free flowing system.

downpipes are not "that" loud but it's part of the exhaust system so if you have a free flowing exhaust (e.g. headers, mandrel bent exhaust piping, free flow cat/test pipe, and a big muffler) then it's gonna create some power not significant gains if this is the only mod that you're planning but it will make some power..

be sure to get the downpipe specifically for your car or a custom fabricated one. and be wise to choose an exhaust system since some of "these" aftermarket ones tend to sound ricey.
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; February 8th, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yung sa picture parang scub na din ah.Pero kung magdownpipe ka alam ko meron habang nakaidling tahimik lang pero pag tapak na gas dun lang iingay.
    Mawawalan ka lang ng torque niyan kung nakadownpipe ka.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    SOBRANG ingay pati sa loob....... KAKAbadtrip, nde m maenjoy ung sounds....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May nabasa na ako before about this pareho lang daw di mo masyado ramdam ang power gain, although nung una you will think that a shorter pipe has less resistance to air flow pero di lang kasi yun ang factor na i consider

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Downpipes will "produce" some siginificant power gains on a turbocharged car. If it's a normally aspirated motor then a common I/H/E would be enough with some fine tuning of the AFR and the ECU. The reason people upgrade with aftermarket downpipes is because you want to "free up" the exhaust flow right? So, there's no reason of having a downpipe and then still using the stock "restrictive" exhaust system it just don't make any sense.

It will be "loud" at times yes and of course you use a downpipe with a true "catback exhaust system" right?

Down Pipe...