New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Mejo luma na si car - 93 corolla BB 1.6 gli so naglalabasan na yung mga small issues..

issue: driver side door wont lock using key from outside, i need to press the door lock from inside then pull the door handle outside just to lock the door. when i try to lock using the key, it appears na may jam inside the locking assembly.

Any idea on how to fix this on your own, without dismantling the door assembly, DIY ba...

need inputs sa mga nka experience na..

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by reymund View Post
    Mejo luma na si car - 93 corolla BB 1.6 gli so naglalabasan na yung mga small issues..

issue: driver side door wont lock using key from outside, i need to press the door lock from inside then pull the door handle outside just to lock the door. when i try to lock using the key, it appears na may jam inside the locking assembly.

Any idea on how to fix this on your own, without dismantling the door assembly, DIY ba...

need inputs sa mga nka experience na..

thanks in advance.
    your locking mechanism is probably ok, because the door still locks.
    my guess is, your lock cylinder is frozen.
    try squirting some WD40 first, to free up the frozen pins.
    if it doesn't work you will probably have to remove the lock cylinder.

you are in luck, sir, as there is a video exactly for that. google it, po. it's the one that lasts 43:50 .
    but i suspect, there's an easier way to bring that cylinder down.
    take pictures, po, for ease of re-assembly.

but first, i have to ask you, sir.
    are you using the correct key? because, the lock might be fine, but you are using the wrong key. is it possible, that it is the starter key cylinder that is broken, that it can actually be turned by any key?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 29th, 2018 at 11:48 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in all likelihood, you will have to remove the locking assembly from the door.
    it is not really difficult.
    you just have to be willing to get your hands dirty. that butyl goo in there is murder.

the mechanism is not that complicated.

if i have to guess,
    baka kinalawang na ang mga pins sa loob ng cylinder. try squirting some wd40 first,and try again. kung ayaw pa, ay baka kailangan nang i-baba.

but i have to ask you first.
    is that the real key? baka naman, ibang susi yan, kaya hindi mabuksan driver door. baka yung starter keyhole ang sira, at kayang pihitin ng kahit anung susi...?

This is the duplicate key and been using it for around 3 years na simula nung nabili namin 2nd hand. Never tried the master key, will try this if will work.

if not, then i'll squirt some WD40, sana makuha hehe..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sir, i modified my earlier post. kindly read, po.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Ive tried squirting wd40, also used the original key but got no lock, .. it appears theres a jam inside when turned clockwise(locking)..
    I think i have to bring this to a mechanic. Thanks, dr.d for ur inputs.

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk