New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my 96 lancer EL was checked by the casa. sabi kelangan overhaul kasi di na gumagana yung isang piston. pag tinanggal yung hi-tension wire ng sparkplug#3, hindi nagbabago yung andar, that means lost compression(?). nagpalit ng hi-tension wire and sparkplug, ganun pa rin.

help! any other possible reasons for this? mga magkano kaya repair at san maganda magpagawa?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i think top overhaul lang kelangan dyan. normally that shows that the valve seals are leaking.

syempre, you'll know more about the condition of the block once the engine is opened up na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ojela2,
    sa amin dati, naglalabas ng white smoke yung car namin, so we were leaking oil. pa-quote kami sa casa, sabi overhaul daw. a whopping 100K! so we decided to get a second opinion. we found a good mechanic, and he said top overhaul lang ang kailangan. over-all cost for the top overhaul is around 10K lang. so from then on, sa kanya na kami nagpapa-service ng car namin. i can refer you to him..he knows mitsubishi engines very well.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ojela2
    my 96 lancer EL was checked by the casa. sabi kelangan overhaul kasi di na gumagana yung isang piston. pag tinanggal yung hi-tension wire ng sparkplug#3, hindi nagbabago yung andar, that means lost compression(?). nagpalit ng hi-tension wire and sparkplug, ganun pa rin.

help! any other possible reasons for this? mga magkano kaya repair at san maganda magpagawa?
    What did they mean when one of the piston is not working. Did they conduct compression test on each cylinder or did they just hook the computer engine analysis. You've replace spark plug and tension wire, but they you check the distributor if its still within the proper gap or corroded.

do i need to overhaul