New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hello

yung bang solex kailangan ko pa lakihan yung butas ng doors or direct replacement siya?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On lock cylinders which are separate from the door handle, it is supposed to be a direct fit.

There is also a Solex kit for lock cylinders which are built into the door handle assembly.

Though I don't really get the point of adding Solex locks since you don't need to go through the lock cylinder to defeat the door lock.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The main reason I want to replace my existing locks is because, the orginal lock is dented at certain area that makes it difficult to insert the key. My first thought is to replace them, However I am not familiar with other types of locks so solex was my main option.

Does anybody know of any other replacement door locks I can try?

I also fail to see the point of replacing an orginal lock with a solex version if the main reason was increased protection.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not just add an inexpensive alarm system so that you don't need to use the key anymore? Mga Php2,700.00 siya for cars without electric locks, Php1,900.00 for cars with electric locks already.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    my door lock sa corolla XE 95 mahirap na ma open anong OEM door lock ang pwede ko gamitin replacement na drop in sa model ng car ko?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pede naman kayo bumili ng surplus lock then have it key match sa remaining good door lock. disassemble ng magsususi yun lock to expose the mechanism and make the right combination para ma lock/unlock nun existing key ninyo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Before replacing the thing, have you guys tried a little oil yet? Light machine oil will do, eg. Singer, yung ginagamit sa sewing machines, electric fans, typewriters, etc. Worked with my previous ride and the dead bolt of our house door.

diy door lock replacement