New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    after replacing 5 oil seals just last may (inputshaft oil seal, rh drive shaft oil seal, frt & rr crankshaft oil seal, camshaft oil seal), i was advised by the casa that i need to replace the differential oil seal which is causing leak on my car's transmission. how true can this be? experts pls help. tia

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick34 View Post
    after replacing 5 oil seals just last may (inputshaft oil seal, rh drive shaft oil seal, frt & rr crankshaft oil seal, camshaft oil seal), i was advised by the casa that i need to replace the differential oil seal which is causing leak on my car's transmission. how true can this be? experts pls help. tia

i think theyre reffering to axle oil seal assy.and tama sila pwede syang magcause ng transmission fluid leak at yan ay kung ang kotse mo ay transaxle or front wheel drive system at hindi rear wheel drive. check mo sya kung itoy may leak na kaya pwede mo ng palitan,pero kung seeping lang eh walang problema yan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    kung malaki na ang tagas, palit na. while you're at it, check mo na rin kung buo pa yung cv and axle boots mo para isang trabaho na lang

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks guys. actually hindi naman malakas ang leak. basa lang ung ilalim transmission.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    on a fwd car, the differential oil seal should be pretty easy to replace.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks guys, actually it was the LH drive shaft oil seal pala.

i was a bit surprise when the service advisor explained to me that my car has no differential. it was their shop superintendent who told me before that the leak is on the differential oil seal.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually, all cars have differentials. it is whether they have limited slip differentials or open type differentials (more common) which should be the question.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sa front wheel drive cars, walang separate differential box. naka-built in na
    siya sa transmission assembly.

differential oil seal