New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Do I have to replace them or can I just clean them? Iridiums are supposed to last longer right?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless your car isn't burning correctly (A/F mixture, injectors, etc) plugs (whether iridium, platinum or what ever), plugs will last a long time without much deposits or defects... you shouldn't even need to clean them... if you find yourself cleaning plugs often, have your ignition and fuel system checked for problems... my last set of plugs lasted over 4 years, napalitan lang coz I forgot to tell the tune up guy not to replace them.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks theveed. What plugs were you using pala? I suppose d sila stock NGKs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    may tanong pa pala ako, pano ba linisin and palitan spark plugs. I have a lancer, d ko makita saan sinasaksak yung plugs :oops:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may tanong pa pala ako, pano ba linisin and palitan spark plugs. I have a lancer, d ko makita saan sinasaksak yung plugs
    just follow where your ignition wires go from the distributor. diyan nakakabit yung plugs. you will be needing a spark plug remover tool to do that. then after pulling out your plug, check for burns, or "tutongs". clean it with a sand paper. ... just be careful not to adjust the gaps especially if you are not very familiar with working with spark plugs.

i suggest, you go to your trusted mechanic to do this for you.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybitz
    Thanks theveed. What plugs were you using pala? I suppose d sila stock NGKs.
    Stock NGK nga sila...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iridium plugs are supposed to give a more powerful spark since the tip is very small, very little resistance.

IMHO for 800 pesos per piece, its NOT worth it unless wala ka na magasutusan sa oto mo.And the iridium plugs are very prone to corrossion, not sure why.

WHen checking the plugs, look at the color of the tip. Dapat rust / orange / reddish-brown. If white, you are running lean and burning up oil. If black, you are leaking oil into the plug holes or running way too rich.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gusto ko kasi ulit ikabit yung iridium, sayang e. For the price, d nga sulit na 5k ang palitan.

Hmmm, I think mine are a bit black. check ko ulit later pag uwi.
    So what do I need to adjust para manormalize?

denso iridium plugs