New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sa mga mods, sorry po, ngayon lang ako nag reply, di ko pa kabisado pagpo post.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    had my aircon fixed at denso-coolmate last nov 2005. so far, no problem. not cheap but good quality.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    to those who've given their recommendations, suggestions, comments and opinions, my thanks to all of you

i left my car with coolmate in pasong tamo for replacement and repair of my a/c system yesterday and will pick it up on monday afternoon.

maybe the admins could now close this topic.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    maybe before they close it you post the outcome of the repair done. i know their work sulit naman.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sige, will post an FR after i get my car tomorrow afternoon and give it a test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    maybe before they close it you post the outcome of the repair done. i know their work sulit naman.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    finally got my car yesterday from coolmate makati. they were supposed to release it last monday afternoon.

got a call from them monday afternoon. they said that they've done the test run saturday afternoon and was running well. come monday morning, they checked it again and found that there was no freon in the system. they did a leak test and found the source in one of the fins of the evaporator.

since they didn't have the part for my car, they had to get a supplier to fabricate an evaporator to fit my car. and they it made for R134 specifications. and since they had to wait for the supplier to make a new one, i had to wait for another day.

tuesday morning i called them to check on the status of my car. they said they're waiting for the delivery of the evaporator. i said fine since i'll be in makati the whole day.

by 3pm, after browsing at concorde in waltermart, i decided to go to the shop and check on my car and just wait there. when i got there, they were already fitting the new evaporator in to its plastic casing and was told that they only got it about 30 minutes before i arrived.

i still had to wait for them to finish the installation and charging of the compressor oil and freon into the system. then they told me to get in my car and monitor the coldness. after a few minutes, the inside of my car was freezing! i liked it! the cold wasn't 'hilaw'.

other items that they changed were the:
    compressor = P18,398.65 (originally almost 20K)
    receiver/drier = P750
    2 Hi service valve = P715
    1 Lo service valve = P357
    14 O-rings = P490
    evaporator = P4500 (fabricated)
    1 aluminum rod = P50
    6 prestiet = P165
    600g 134 freon = P630
    160cc ND oil = P512
    .75L DF141B = P580
    Nitrogen = P190
    Sundries = P55
    welding = P1000
    labor = P2025

total = P30,418.15

they gave 6 months warranty on the compressor.

and as of this writing, i feel like i'm in a freezer. but since it was raining the whole day yesterday and today when i drove from makati to cavite, i couldn't say how it would perform after being parked under direct sunlight. so i'll have to wait til the sun comes out and bears down on my car.

anyway, i have until april to observe the system and bring it back to them before the warranty runs out. and that's when i would probably say if it's really worth it.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    well from my experience with their work. so far lahat maayos naman kahit malaki inabot. yung hiace namin kahit tanghaling tapat kaya na sa #2 fan speed on both front and rear aircon. partida pa yung kasi ang makina ng hiace nasa ilalim ng upuan. pag gabi 1 na lang then thermostat ko sa half or 1/3 na lang.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup, naka 3/4 lang ang thermostat ko yesterday on my way back to cavite and i was adjusting the fan between 1 and 2, and mlakas pa rin ang lamig.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    brought my car back to denso this morning. i noticed last night that there was a sound of water, then my friend said the water was dripping on her shoe. checked the carpet and it was wet. the technician didn't push the drain hose all the way out so it would flow outside. all is well again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Denso by Coolmate - is it worth it?