New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is a "very" newbie question:

I have very little time to spend in the Phils. I was wondering, where can I learn basic automotive skills - like basic maintenance, defensive driving, basic troubleshooting, and the like? I just know how to drive, God knows I haven't even tried changing wheels.

2006 Honda City lang po ang car ko. Mas cool ba kung hanap na lang akong magaling na mekaniko tapos paturo ako - pay him of course? Or is it more informative kung I learn the theories of automotive as well?

This is a fantastic site btw.

Gusto ko lang po matuto.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    welcome po to tsikot!

you can actually learn some (or most) of these from any instructor from any of the big driving companies like A1, Socialites, PMA.

i'd definitely recommend PMA though over all. they're really thorough.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Cool! Thanks, dude!

Kala ko kasi pure driving lang tinuturo nila.

Saan ba tong PMA, is there one in QC area? Alam ko yung A1 tsaka Socialites, but haven't heard of PMA.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merun din yun meralco foundation. If you happen to live near ortigas area (going to rosario pasig). the school is between meralco building ang medical city (hospital).

merun website ang meralco foundation and nandun ang course curriculum and schedule - http://www.mfi.org.ph/portal/modules/websched/

yun nga lang a decent curriculum can last about 40-60 hours depending on type of course program, baka kulangin ka sa oras kung short period of time ka lang nandito sa pinas.

option 2 mo ay mag on line courses ang kunin mo assuming merun kang internet connection all the time.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    PMA is in aurora blvd. if you're travelling from the aurora portion of edsa heading towards sta mesa, you'll see it on your right side a bit after st paul QC and the LRT terminal. :D magaling sila magturo ng driving.

wildthing is right din with MFI. you can't go wrong with their technical stuff.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yup I only have about 7 weeks stay in our Bayang Magiliw...

Kelangan ko lang ng isang productive na pamatay-oras instead of...

Salamat po sa mga inputs. Madalaw nga ang mga estabs na to. Unahin ko ang PMA coz sa E. Rod lang me nakatira, so that's more accessible.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ah, lapit niyo lang pala sa PMA then. have fun! :D

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mukhang OFW ka yata sir ericksond?

AFAIK,libre ng isang course ang OFW sa MFI

inquire mo na lang pag uwi mo sa pinas ,may Telephone number naman pwede mo tawagan sila par ama confirm mo at kung ano mga requirements

kung galing ka ng E.Rodriguez ..madali lang din ang route mo Via Greenhills ka lang dretcho na iyon sa Ortigas

Decent Automotive Class