New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sir m_ron
    ano po yung leatherique?brandb yun o product name mismo?saan po mabibili yun?price?

sir torque ,

bkit po pala ayw nyo armor all?any reasons why?

salamat po! sa mga tips keep 'em coming

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    1. because after a few months, your dashboard would feel oily.
    2. it also reflects the sun (and usually bounces off to your face while driving)
    3. for some plastics, it makes it crack. they said they changed the formula, but it still happens. some attribute it to overzealous polishing > imagine your leather shoe being applied with kiwi leather wax every week <
    4. it doesn't really clean your dashboard. it just covers it with a thin film of "protectant"

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    1. because after a few months, your dashboard would feel oily.
    2. it also reflects the sun (and usually bounces off to your face while driving)
    3. for some plastics, it makes it crack. they said they changed the formula, but it still happens. some attribute it to overzealous polishing > imagine your leather shoe being applied with kiwi leather wax every week <
    4. it doesn't really clean your dashboard. it just covers it with a thin film of "protectant"
    Oh shi*t! I already used ArmorAll on my dashboard! Any suggestion on how to remove it?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    *picard, use APC to remove/clean AALL on your dash. you can also use soft brush for thorough cleaning.

*threx, as suggested by some tsikoteers, try to clean your dash with APC...brush it a bit with a soft toothbrush. then apply a good dash protector (e.g. megs, moms or you can try cleanshinemaster).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
    *picard, use APC to remove/clean AALL on your dash. you can also use soft brush for thorough cleaning.
    Meron po na nito sa mga Ace hardware? Is this some kinda cream/lotion/or liquid spray?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga sirs,

Newbie me d2. Can APC also remove double adhesive marks left by "dashield"? I had mine removed kasi and it left a lot of adhesive marks with some residue of foam on it.

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung leatherette ang dash ninyo you can try using the "shoe colorant" - this is the colorant used by oldschool sapatero (available ito sa mga shoe supply stores in Marikina - katapat ng palengke ng marikina, yung malapit sa munisipyo ng marikina na palengke) para ibalik sa kulay ang leather or leatherette ng sapatos.

this dye/colorant is very good. applied ito using a damp cloth.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by evanz10 View Post
    Mga sirs,

Newbie me d2. Can APC also remove double adhesive marks left by "dashield"? I had mine removed kasi and it left a lot of adhesive marks with some residue of foam on it.

Thanks.
    same as mine. Any suggestions guys?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    WD-40 lang katapat nyan, plus soap and toothbrush.

I don't know about the others, but Armor All works for me. The dashboard on my 1996 Sentra has been protected by Armor-All since the day I bought it, and my dash looks like new. No cracks or discoloration whatsoever. Actually, I get a lot of praise pa nga, kasi pati yung door sidings ko, parang bago, protected din by Armor All.

Yung 1980 Galant ko din nun (nabenta na), makintab at maganda rin ang dash. Armor All din ang gamit ko.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I don't know about the others, but Armor All works for me. The dashboard on my 1996 Sentra has been protected by Armor-All since the day I bought it, and my dash looks like new. No cracks or discoloration whatsoever. Actually, I get a lot of praise pa nga, kasi pati yung door sidings ko, parang bago, protected din by Armor All.

Yung 1980 Galant ko din nun (nabenta na), makintab at maganda rin ang dash. Armor All din ang gamit ko.
    same here. i just thoroughly wipe the dash down w/ tissue to absorb and remove the somewhat "oily" finish and to dampen the extra sheen after application.

btw, i've been also applying it to the fd w/ relatively good results. ang lapad kasi ng windshield at dash niya kaya kailangan talaga ng protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dashboard Rejuvenation?