New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Saan makakabili nito, yung mid-range brand lang? Ito yung pang-torque sa lugs ng wheels.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sa suking auto supply meron normally beam type ang available.

btw ilang newton metre (N m) or pounds-feet (lb-ft) ang required sa wheel nut mo? afaik the tighter the better. i only use torque wrench if the tightness of screws and nut is crucial.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    sa suking auto supply meron normally beam type ang available.

btw ilang newton metre (N m) or pounds-feet (lb-ft) ang required sa wheel nut mo? afaik the tighter the better. i only use torque wrench if the tightness of screws and nut is crucial.
    Thanks!

Wheel nut torque: 130 Nm

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako din alam ko torque wrench sa citical parts lang like rocker arm bolts...

anyway, sir biggs is that constant Nm for all wheels?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    anyway, sir biggs is that constant Nm for all wheels?
    Yes, it is.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ako lagi meron dalang torque wrench para sa gulong kapag na flat...mas maganda kasi kung perfect yung higpit ng nut...eh meron kasi kaming torque wrench...kaya gamit ko...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i-up ko lang sana to. meron ba sa inyo nakakaalam san nakakabili ng nut at magkano ito? nawawala kasi ung isang nut ng gulong ko e. thanks in advance ;)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    you can find nuts at auto supply. some have surplus nuts available by the piece, so you don't have to buy a complete set. just bring a sample or bring your car for fitment.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Yes, it is.

biggs,
    please don't give the wrong information. not all vehicles have the same torque settings on the lug nuts. the deciding factors by the engineers are:
    a. stud bolt threaded diameter
    b. thread pitch (measurement of thread crest intervals in mm. or threads
    per inch)
    c. the strength grade of the stud bolt or the lug nut
    d. the number of lug nuts on the hub
    e. designed axle load
    to make sure, please refer to the owner's manual or the shop repair manual. and "the tighter is better" maybe dangerous as the stud bolt will stretch beyond its designed tensile strength and when you hit a pothole- voila! you might see a flying wheel
    jick

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    today, at fisher mall, there was a concession selling some tools at the ground floor. they had torque wrenches for sale (brand/accuracy not confirmed) when i opened the storage box and checked the scales, i noticed the thimble was not at the lowest reading on this case 0 Nm. this torque wrench was not stored properly. leaving a click type torque wrench on a setting other than the lowest on the scale makes even the most trusted brand, reputable quality click type torque wrench tired, hence, erroneous and inaccurate. if you plan on buying a torque wrench and don't like to reset it to the lowest setting, buy the beam type or the dial type instead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Torque wrench