New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    peeps, may alam ba kayo makunan ng surplus cylinder head sa banawe or kahit saan sa mla? may crack na kasi ung cylinder head ng 2k sentra ng friend ko at nung pumunta sya banawe 25k hinihingi, e dapat 10k - 15k lang ata yan..ayaw na daw patawad e..

any contact #s will be appreciated, ty

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2000 Sentra? Which model? If that's the N15 (Grandeur) body... baka ganyan nga yung presyo... iba na yung cylinder head ng QG series kaysa sa GA series ng dati.

If it's the B14 (Exalta)... it could be because the Exalta has VTC... may konting pagkakaiba yung head niya kaysa sa mga mas lumang GA16DE. Very hard head to find, kaya siguro ganyan yung pinepresyo nila. Try looking at Evangelista to get a second price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yark... 25K! mas mahal pa sa GA16 na engine na buo. Try going kay Rick Lim surplus but you talk to Rick Lim himself (and huwag sa kapatid).

Did he go around to the other surplus shops in the vicinity? There are some surplus shops/warehouses on the side streets near the E.Rod side (A few meters from Banawe)...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    guys, 2K sentra STA ung sa friend ko. Exalta pa ata un, not the newer grandeur body.

would you guys know the contact no. of Rick Lim? or any of the shops there na ok presyo?

so 25k is 'ok' na pala for a surplus sentra sta cylinder head? medyo mahal ata, laki na kasi nagastos ng friend ko sa pagpapahanap at paayos ng mga sira dahil sa kanyang constant overheating, tapos ngayon lang nahuli na nagcrack na pala ang cylinder head

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mine also cracked, back in the day... but that was about 40,000 kms after a hydrolocking incident.

I'm not sure that 25k is "ok", considering you can get an entire engine for that much... ...but it was freaking hard to find an Exalta head back in the day... most of the heads in the surplus shops are non-VTC.

If your friend wants, he could probably just slot an older head onto the Exalta block. I dunno if the ECU will register the loss of the VTC-equipment as a CEL, but it's worth a shot.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hey guys baka may iba pang makatulong..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yari prend ko, mukhang mapapasubo sa 25k cylinder head surplus pa :faint:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wala bang ibang quote galing Evangelista or Banaue? Maybe the boys on nissanbayan.com can tell him if it's okay to swap the older head on.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to post on nissanbayan.com... baka may nagengine swap who wants to part out his engine (there were some who did that before). I'd suggest he take the time to walk around Banawe and Evangelista... i'm pretty sure he can find a better deal then that. My friend also had a cracked GA16 head before and he bought it at around 10K back then...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thats quite pricey for a cylinder head.

baka mas ok pa kung engine swap since gagastos din lamang ng malaki.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cylinder Head for 2k Sentra