New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mga Sirs and Ma'ams, I'm pretty new here at tsikot.com infact this is my first post. Hello to all of you and I hope you can help me.

My dad recently gave me his old beaten up '96 XE corolla and I'm planning to restore it. I'm wondering if you guys can suggest me a shop around the vicinity of makati na magaling and mura lang. Also I really don't have an idea as to how much a particular service and the parts needed costs, maybe you can also enlighten me with these.

Current problems of the car
    -Engine needs overhaul(according to my dad)
    -It needs a new paint job
    -Kalampag(also according to my dad)

Sorry I really don't know much about these things coz I only borrow his car but now I'm sort of moving out of the house and he gave me the old one.

I hope you guys can help me with this.

Thanks alot in advance!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Address first the engine problems (overhaul) and kalampag before moving onto the body/paint.

Engine:
    - get a compression test first to determine what type of overhaul it'll need (change piston rings or just he seals, etc).
    - do a general service na rin (change all the fluids, filters, etc)
    - buy the needed parts on your own if you have the time... canvass in Banawe. I saved a lot by doing this before when our '99 AE111 LE needed an overhaul.

Doing a hands-on approach to fixing up your car will let you learn most about it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Address first the engine problems (overhaul) and kalampag before moving onto the body/paint.

Engine:
    - get a compression test first to determine what type of overhaul it'll need (change piston rings or just he seals, etc).
    - do a general service na rin (change all the fluids, filters, etc)
    - buy the needed parts on your own if you have the time... canvass in Banawe. I saved a lot by doing this before when our '99 AE111 LE needed an overhaul.

Doing a hands-on approach to fixing up your car will let you learn most about it.

Agree with sir Vinj..

Focus first in your engine.. medyo mura at madali lng magawa yung XE alam ko carb pa eto... regarding sa suspension may branch na ata ang zee or cruven sa makati so mas malapit na eto sa inyo...

Welcome pala po sa tsikot...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the very quick reply , uhm san po ba pwede magpacompression test? Yeah I might buy the parts myself this will be a really good learning experience. Thanks alot !

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jansen View Post
    Thanks for the very quick reply , uhm san po ba pwede magpacompression test? Yeah I might buy the parts myself this will be a really good learning experience. Thanks alot !

sa mga trusted servitek, they do compression test...even sa mekaniko, basta may gamit...

korek, ipa-ayos mo na muna engine..hehehe...welcome to tsikot...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i'd be happy to help you with
    -Engine needs overhaul(according to my dad)
    -Kalampag(also according to my dad)

kaso i can't help you with
    -It needs a new paint job

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jansen View Post
    bro, autotechnika at the fort does compression testing. i inquired already in another thread regarding this. just check it out.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i 2nd the motion, agree ako sagot nila. engine first bago, repaint. try mo po sa gasoline station, meron magagaling don. examine muna engine.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    good pm everyone,
    maiba lang po...
    anyone heard of street cam + jets sa 12vlv 2e corolla?
    can anyone tell me where to post this item? newbie lang po...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If you have the budget, pwede mo nang ipagsabay ang engine and body repairs. Para mas mabilis ang trabaho. I recommend Brofar Motor Works along Bagtican Street, Makati.

Corolla XE '96 overhaul