New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung marami kang pera ok mag-restore

kung halos complete pa ang oto, ok din mag-restore

I am restoring KP61 (2 door starlet)...I'll probably be able to restore it to almost brandnew condition with some modifications (power steering, windows and locks) and would reach a total project cost of P200k. Right now, I have spent nearly P80k na...half of it was the cost of the car when I bought it. Your's could be cheaper kung libre kamo.

Kung wala ka pang budget, utay-utayin mo lang...pero keep it under a bubong...kasi rain can worsen the kalawang situation.

The first step is always the body and the engine...priority ang body kung full-restore ang gusto mo.

Ang engine mas madaling i-restore kaysa sa body.

Get as many manuals and reading materials niyan before you begin, if I were you. Minsan nandun ang problem na pede mong masolve.

Huwag kang magtipid ng alanganin (specially sa body and paint restoration) nandito ang ganda nya...it is the small details that really count most.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    i also own the same model and engine. I am trying to restore the car at the same time. i am almost done with the engine, running condition na sya so far. Minimal leaks pero kaya naman. Medyo may kamahalan na yung parts nya esp. yung mga gaskets nya. May pyesa pa naman pero sa mga accessories, hirap na humanap. try mo dun sa mga shops na nabanggit nila. Ok yung performance ng engine as in matulin. Tested ko na, you can run on 120 kph ng nasa kwarta pa lang. Di ka magsisisi...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My first car was a 1980 liftback with 2T engine. Para ako na flashback. How time goes by parang kahapon lang.

4AGE is a good replacement engine compact and mas madali ang parts.

In my book a corrolla liftback is a classic.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    WOW !!!

Goodluck on the restoration job!!!

Had that car during my growing up years. If you can mate the engine with the 2TG engine, that thing can really fly!!! When the vehicle was still with us, we had a turbo charger installed. 2T yung engine nya. Felt really bad parting with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Corolla Liftback restoration