New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys ano ba ang specs nung corolla ae92 body na pinaka latest na lumabas before the new body? I'm looking into buying one kasi, gagawin ko sana project car (considering my tight budget).

Power steering naba ito? Displacement? What year model is the best?

May nagsabi kasi sa akin na mas matulin daw ito compared dun sa ae101 na big body. And mas enjoy ito gawing project car coz sobrang daming parts. Does it share the same engine as the big bodies?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    as I recall sir the ae92 has no power streering and no power features. Its only edge was the 1.6 16 valve engine. for this model the 88-90 models were the best because they were skd(semi knock down) in laymans term imported the 91-93 were locally manufactured

Engine wise they are almost the same main difference is that the 1.6 of ae101 is fuel injected with computer control the ae92 uses carb. While the 1.3 is just a carryover 12 valve carb.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko CBU yung first batch of ae92 gl's eh... ganon yung amin dati. tapos during the last few years of that body, naglabas sila ng XE variant na power steering na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I can just have a power steering system installed.

Anyways, is this still a good buy for a project car? Parang mas inclined kasi ako in buying this model compared to the big body corolla

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan yung project car ng kabarkada ko. check out my pbase * http://www.pbase.com/image/14946631

nandon din mga ginawa nyang mods. good luck bro!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wow!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe. Kakatawa ung posing sa pic. Teka, kasama ka ba dun Ssaloon? Hehe.

My budget is around 150k lang eh. May mabibili na ba ako na ae92, almost nothing to fix, stock engine bud modified body na (body kit)?

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmm mahirap ata yung nothing to fix considering more than 10 years old na yung ganong kotse eh.... tingin ka sa www.buyandsellph.com malay mo baka swertihan ka ;)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Djerms
    Hehe. Kakatawa ung posing sa pic. Teka, kasama ka ba dun Ssaloon? Hehe.

My budget is around 150k lang eh. May mabibili na ba ako na ae92, almost nothing to fix, stock engine bud modified body na (body kit)?

Thanks
    Djerms,

You have nothing to worry about on AE92's. Spare parts are everywhere and you could choose from any modifications that you want (JDM, Japanese, European, U.S.).

Check out the link reflected on my signature for you to have an idea on different mods of AE92's.

Hth...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Corolla ae92 specs