New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ano ito at para san?
    ang alam ko lang tungkol sa engine ito...

infos naman guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the engines works like an air compressor, the compression is coming out from the pistons. This compression is produced by the detonation or the fuel and air that goes into the piston chamber. Couple the fire from the spark plugs and the proper air and fuel mixture...magcocombust ito and produce a pressure that would push the pistons down. The "push" in an engine will happen alternately in the pistons in the engine (4 pistons for a 4 cylinder engine). This action will drive the main shaft of the engine connected to the transmission....and the turning motion is delivered to the wheels.

BOTTOMLINE, we need equal compressions of all the pistons so that the power delivered will be "balance" or equal. Kung me sira ang piston or the chamber (gasgas for example), magkakaroon ka ng "singaw" sa power...hindi tuloy equal ang power na napoproduce. The effect is a lesser power (horse power) of the engine.

Increasing compression will give powerful power output, increasing the number of pistons will also give bigger power output.

Doing the compression test will allow you to know whether your engine pistons is in the right condition pa. Each engine will have it "standard specification" of compression. Kung off-specs ka you can have poor performance in terms of power and fuel consumption.

just my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    san po maganda magpacompression test?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    For compression test, I highly recommend AUTOTECHNIKA
    located at: Mancor Bldg., Fairview Avenue
    Fairview Park, QC
    Tel. 461-6400 to 04

I was informed that a branch is set to open this July, 2005 at The Fort

5. Join Date