New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i have no cash for lowering springs guys eh.. what do you think.. share namn if ok lang sa inyo.. nafrufrustrate na ko eh.. i want my ride to look agressive and macho even its a old sentra..

replies would be gratefully appreciated!!!=)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, opinion lang po. i read somewhere that cutting your spring would definitely improve your ride's appearance. but this is not advisable. springs has their effective 'spring rate' which pertain to the ride comfort of the suspension laden or unladen. by cutting this, you are to increment the rate which will make your spring stiffer to a point that it is no longer practical because of the harsh ride.

on the other hand, compressing the spring would effect to 'lowered' ride, but thereafter, metal fatigue maybe onset, eventually weakening the structure of the spring itself.

i would suggest that if you want an agressive look for your car, why not buy a set of wheel upgrade, with a 55 series? throw in a set of upgrade of shock absorbers.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My advice: do not cut or compress further your (probably worn out) stock springs. If you really want your ride lowered, then buy aftermarket springs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung paporma lang..wag na.hindi ka naman siguro panget pare para kailanganin mo ipa gwapo ang ride mo..tsikoteer ka na eh!!hehehehe

seriously.it's not worth it pare.been there done that.after ilang years of dreaming to drop my ride...ngayon naka afford nako ng lowering springs and malayo ang quality..AT SAFETY!!!lalo ka lang mapapamahal sa gastos mo sa suspension parts na madadamay.believe me.hindi talaga worth it yan pareho.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice one glennster. hehehe

Save-up na lang for lowering springs dude. since its an old model sentra, i believe the price of those springs won't be as expensive.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, that's the only way to go. if you haven't have enough budget, then save up.

i know this is hard, that's also the situation i'm in right now. i still don't have enough money to fix up my samurai, but i just have to wait and not resort to short cuts.

maybe you could scour the net or banawe for 2nd hand, good condition lowering springs. that'll be cheaper than buying a new set

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    register ka sa nissanbayan.com. we are welcoming new posters there and they will be glad to help you pag may nakita kami.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I read from some book that cutting springs by 1 round is safe, but the book is US-based, and we very well know the roads there are way better than ours. So I guess cutting springs, especially old ones, is not recommended here. For an old Sentra, I guess good wheels alone ought to do the trick. You may get that aesthetic benefit with a lower car, but there are more bad things that will happen in so doing. You get a less forgiving ride and easier wear and tear of other suspension parts.

I don't believe you want to lose your beloved car just because of looks. ;)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    kung paporma lang..wag na.hindi ka naman siguro panget pare para kailanganin mo ipa gwapo ang ride mo..tsikoteer ka na eh!!hehehehe

seriously.it's not worth it pare.been there done that.after ilang years of dreaming to drop my ride...ngayon naka afford nako ng lowering springs and malayo ang quality..AT SAFETY!!!lalo ka lang mapapamahal sa gastos mo sa suspension parts na madadamay.believe me.hindi talaga worth it yan pareho.
    I definitely agree. Kung talagang makulit ka, let me tell you a story: I have a friend that wanted to lower his car (on a budget). This was back in High School. What he did is to get surplus springs and had that cut round 1 and kept the stock springs. Then, he got tired of the "lowered" look and ride (na sobrang tag-tag), he got the OEM springs back and sold his cut surplus springs to another friend. BTW, his ride was a 1995 Lancer GLXi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    save up for quality drop coils... do it right the first time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
compress my spring or cut it!?