New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Good morning!

Just need some DIY help/instructions on how to clean the gas line from gas tank to fuel filter.

Fuel from the gas tank can't be siphoned to the carb. Checked the gas pump and its working fine. Checked it (pump) by pointing the gas line to another source and the engine started.

Have a nice day. Lenten greetings...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron po nabibili fuel additives na sinasabing nakakalinis ng fuel lines...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dyake,

anung oto?

Malamang barado and linya or gas tank mo mismo (is it an old car)?

Rust is the most common culprit sa old car. Lalo na kung nagkatubig ang tank.

Pag sira ang rubber hose (may pin-holes or crack) or pag ang mga joints ay hindi properly nasikipan. But it this is not a common case kasi ang mga oem hose resist fuel longer than replacement ones.

What I suggest kung rust is to drain the gas tank first. Ingat ka lang highly flamable ang volatile gas. Ilagay mo sa tamang gas container ang naidrain mo na gas.

Kung meron ka sanang compressor, this is the best method to blow out the gas pipe line kung me dumi man ito sa linya. Kung wala, lagyan mo ng extention tube at ihipan mu na lang dun. Pababa (i mean from the engine bay (before the puesto ng fuel filter) and let the air drain out dun sa end (before the gas tank). Do this until youre sure na walang bara.

Dun naman sa tank, observe kung me solid sediments (rust) sa gas na naidrain mo. Kun meron, the best ay ibaba mo talaga ang tank. Kung ayaw mo ng ganyang abala, you'll have to "flush" the tank. Pero when I did this before hindi ito ganun kaefective than kinalas na tank.

Nai seshake mo kasi ang tank pag kinalas mo e. I use the old fuel na naidrain ko sa pagpaflush.

The final step is to have air (maganda kung from a compressor) blown into the tube ng tank.

When it is clear na, put everything back in its place. Except the old fuel. Replace it with a new one. Never use the old one, unless you can filter it clean.

In putting it back, make sure na mahigpit ang mga clamps ng rubber hose. Then before you start the engine, pondohan mo ang carb reservoir ng gas para mapaistart mo agad.

hth.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the best way is to remove clean and replace all of the lines. medyo confusing ito if you have no experience tho

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Comment ko lang about that option mentioned by Speedyfix (no offense ment ha).

Me problem lang ako with that option (I did tried that before sa lumang oto ng erpats ko)...most fuel lines that you could get in the market are copper lines and not steel.

Even if you can get a steel line, napakahirap nito ibend and flare. You will also need to have special tools (bending and flaring tools) kahit na copper tubes lang. Else ang pangit ng bend ng linya - nakakasuya.

Plus, replacing the lines would lessen the "authenticity" (aesthetics ek-ek) ng oto.

my 2 cents. peace.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    AC, feul additives is a good idea. Nabanggit nga din ng friend ko na gumamit nun pero advice din niya, linisin na muna gas tank and gas line.

wildthing, yup its an old car. Third owner na din ako, so I guess mukhang kelangan na nga ngang ibaba at linisin ang gas tank. Pero i-e-evaluate ko muna yung cost and labor kung kaya kong ako na lang ang gumawa or kung ipapababa ko na lang sa mekaniko.

speedyfix, I'll have the cost evaluated muna and changing the gas line would be my option kung konti lang difference. Pag papalitan ba, kelangan, akma din sa model ng kotse yung gas line, or generic lang ba yung part na iyon?

Thanks sa responses.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Generic na copper or steel tubing (about 1/4 inch diameter).

Madali lang magkalas niyan, pero your car won't run the whole day (or 2) kung first timer kang magkakalas.

Mura lang din naman magpakalas niyan sa mekaniko (at most tumba ka ng P1000, pero duda ko sa P500 okay na yan trabahuhin nila). Sana magaling ang makuha mo na mekaniko para sulit.

Mahilig ako umubos ng weekend ko kaya madalas DIY kahit mura lang ipatrabaho.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually i didn't mean to replace the lines themselves. i meant remove the lines and replace them the way they were. hehe!

sorry for the confusion guys and not offense by the comments

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    pardon me pero ano effect if you really have a bad gas line or dirty tank? di ba may filter naman to trap the small particles running thru our gas line from the tank.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    effone,

When I had that experience, iyan din ang nasa isip ko....the problem was my gas tank rust were chunks/flakes of rust....these would then clog my 1/4 inch diameter line so the fuel supply would be cut-off....then pag nasuwerte na naalis ang clog at napapunta sa filter...tatakbo na naman ng husay. Kahit na talyer hindi nila madiagnose yung problem ko....I replaced my filter more than twice for the span of 2 months.

We even suspected that the fuel pump (mechanical kasi ito) konked out. Super dami ng suspect namin why like that....nandyan na baka ung fuel gauge hindi accurate, bad fuel (may tubig), bad carbs, wala sa tune up....name it....grabe.

I had this on-off tirik-takbo scenario for almost 2 months... thats when I finally decided to do a major clean-up of my tank and fuel lines.

After that smooth sailing na oto ko (ng tatay ko actually).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cleaning the gas line