New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hello to all car affecionados! I do have question about what brand and kind of material or chemical do you use in cleaning your dashboard and its plastic parts (like air louvers)? Do you use vinyl revitalizer on your dashboard and plastic parts? Lastly, where I can buy them?

Just buy an All Purpose Cleaner (APC) like Simple Green (available in True Value). Dilute it in distilled water (1:10). Spray on the dash and plastic parts, aggitate with a toothbrush then wipe off with a Microfiber cloth (if your a finicky like me ) or any cloth in that manner.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    kng tamad ka turtle wax formula cleaner pwede (green plastic bottles) especially if u park under the sun constantly. armor all pwede naman pero many say na masama daw sa dash but personally we used it on all our cars and have yet to see any damage at all.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ginamit ko sa galant ko yun armor all kaso nun nabilad sa araw nagcrack ng konti.

Masama kasi sa Armor All, malangis. Kung ok lang sayo yung makintab na dash go for Armor All.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga malangis kaya dpat konti lng apply mo, iba kasi spray nang spray nasosobrahan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I went to Meguiar's website last time and they got lots of products regarding plastic, vinyl or dashboard cleaners and revitalizers. I don't know which one to select. Does anybody out there used the following products: Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant", EXTRA All Surface Cleaner, NXT Generation® Tech Protect?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Just buy an All Purpose Cleaner (APC) like Simple Green (available in True Value). Dilute it in distilled water (1:10). Spray on the dash and plastic parts, aggitate with a toothbrush then wipe off with a Microfiber cloth (if your a finicky like me ) or any cloth in that manner.
    Is the All Purpose Cleaner (APC) like Simple Green is safe on plastic? Because I am trying to avoid discoloration on plastic parts of the dashboard.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    armor all ok... although malangus at 1st application, when it dries, makintab na n d na oily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony S.
    Is the All Purpose Cleaner (APC) like Simple Green is safe on plastic? Because I am trying to avoid discoloration on plastic parts of the dashboard.
    Yup it is. You can also try Meguiars APC but its kinda pricey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Cleaning Dashboard and its plastic parts