New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Anyone know what needs to done for my 70,000 km service? Paki post naman. Kung pwede pati na rin yung 75K, 80K ...

TIA

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Send me an e-mail address. I will send you the scanned copies of the items for check and replacement. For my unit, I performed the following preventive maintenance items:

1. Change oil and oil filter
    2. Clean engine air filter. I replace mine every 20,000 kms
    3. Clean cabin air filter. Air blowing is fine or vacuuming if you have one.
    4. Inspect brakes, applied brake cleaner. Check also brake fluid level. A low level is a sign of worn out brake pads. I also visually check the system for leaks.
    5. Inspect coolant level on the coolant bottle
    6. Inspect ATF fluid. There is a procedure in the owners manual. If the level is low, add Dexron III fluid. YOu could buy from ACE Hardware.
    7. Re-torque sub-frame bolts and suspension bolts. I will send you torque settings through the e-mail
    8. Check if your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is LIT. If it is, you need a code reader to pull the codes from the car's computer
    9. Lubricate door hinges, sliding door rails
    10. I check all the bulbs
    11. Check the fuel filter for clogging. I replace mine every 20,000 Kms. I also pour in 2 bottles of AC Delco Fuel Injector Cleaner every 10,000 kms to a full tank.

The Venture is a good car. Smooth and comfortable. It is very easy to maintain if you are a DIY. The only downside is that the CASA charges are so expensive that is why I reverted to DIY maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bro, pls send me scanned copies for maintenance of the venture. i ownd also and i will be needing those chek ups. thanks

my email is : zitrospec*yahoo.com

thanks

john

Quote Originally Posted by Gasoline Boy View Post
    Send me an e-mail address. I will send you

the scanned copies of the items for check and replacement. For my unit, I performed the following preventive maintenance items:

1. Change oil and oil filter
    2. Clean engine air filter. I replace mine every 20,000 kms
    3. Clean cabin air filter. Air blowing is fine or vacuuming if you have one.
    4. Inspect brakes, applied brake cleaner. Check also brake fluid level. A low level is a sign of worn out brake pads. I also visually check the system for leaks.
    5. Inspect coolant level on the coolant bottle
    6. Inspect ATF fluid. There is a procedure in the owners manual. If the level is low, add Dexron III fluid. YOu could buy from ACE Hardware.
    7. Re-torque sub-frame bolts and suspension bolts. I will send you torque settings through the e-mail
    8. Check if your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is LIT. If it is, you need a code reader to pull the codes from the car's computer
    9. Lubricate door hinges, sliding door rails
    10. I check all the bulbs
    11. Check the fuel filter for clogging. I replace mine every 20,000 Kms. I also pour in 2 bottles of AC Delco Fuel Injector Cleaner every 10,000 kms to a full tank.

The Venture is a good car. Smooth and comfortable. It is very easy to maintain if you are a DIY. The only downside is that the CASA charges are so expensive that is why I reverted to DIY maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    emailed you gm service sched.

do you follow the 5000 kms service or the oil life system?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi chevy owners...

Chevy Venture maintenance