New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Tsikoteer Gurus,
    First of all Does anyone here knows the real difference between undercoating and rustproofing.
    Second, I saw that my underchassis has some rust already formed near the rear wheel. Is there anybody here knows where I could get undercoat or rustproofing (whichever is better). Yung bang iniiscrape muna at pinalilitaw yung metal bago applyan ng coating. Ano ba talaga ang kailangan ko undercoat or rustproof.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think there is an older thread (exact same topic also). Try using the search function.

Undercoating is the thick black tar-like substance sprayed underneath the vehicle and in the wheel wells.

Rustproofing usually happens during the manufacturing of the vehicle, wherein the whole body (or skeleton) is dipped in a anti-rust solution, as well as certain compenents of the vehicle are treated in the same manner.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Number001,

thanks for the explanation.
    I also read from other threads na possible pa rin ang rustproofing even outside factory, but applying wax instead.
    I've searched the thread and it's a little kinda old already. Chiefy is nowhere to be foound. LOL. Undercoating to gasoline stations na lang ang suggestions.
    Hope somebody could suggests good undercoat services. yung litaw muna metal before spraying undercoats.
    TIA.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Rust elimination or shall we say controling them comes part of a car's maintenance. A new car's undercoat lasts for just a couple of year so it's wise for a re-application. Minsan kung merong nag-uumpisang kalawang, I just use a still brush then apply rust remover. The following day, you can follow up with red oxide then coat with undercoat spray for the finish. Mabuti yung inaagapan.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noddls
    Hi Number001,

thanks for the explanation.
    I also read from other threads na possible pa rin ang rustproofing even outside factory, but applying wax instead.
    I've searched the thread and it's a little kinda old already. Chiefy is nowhere to be foound. LOL. Undercoating to gasoline stations na lang ang suggestions.
    Hope somebody could suggests good undercoat services. yung litaw muna metal before spraying undercoats.
    TIA.
    Try SAVI, Tuff Kote, Ziebert

Chassis undercoating or rustproofing